Maryna at Shire Wars 2018
|Award & Office Badges|
Lady Maryna Borowska (mka Blueberry (yes, really)) is a new player as of May 2018. She resides in the Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust in the Barony of Bhakail and has been invited to join the Black Boot Company.
No persona. The name Maryna is late-period Polish - interests lie generally in Germanic and Slavic regions and taste runs to the late end (13th-16th centuries). Don't let the Viking garb confuse you too much.
Pani Borówka (the Polish word for "blueberry") is a culturally appropriate nickname/cant.
Just about everything!
- Scribal Arts (calligraphy, painting, illumination, wordsmithing)
- Heraldry (voice, silent, book)
- Embroidery - Apprentice in the Keepers of Athena's Thimble
- Archery (target) - currently a Marshal-in-Training
- Thrown Weapons
- Service (particularly event/logistics based)
In the future:
- Brewing (mead)
- Music (vocal)
- Jewelry (chain mail, beading)
Offices & Event Staff
- Ivy Pursuivant, Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust - September 2018-present
- Minister of Arts and Sciences, Barony of Bhakail - April 2019-present
- Merchant Coordinator, Bhakail Champions and Commons - 08/26/2018
- Head Cook, At the Sign of the Cat and Dragon (Bhakail Tavern Event) - 01/26/2019
- Meeting Space Coordinator, Spring Crown Tournament - 05/04/2019
- Deputy Autocrat, Hunter’s Picnic - 05/25/2019
- List, EK Novice Day (Gunnar Alfson Memorial Novice Heavy Weapon Tournament) - 07/21/18
- Baronial Court, Bhakail Yule Revel XL - 12/08/18
- Royal Court, Mudthaw - 03/30/19
Awards and Honors
- Laurel’s Choice, EK Novice Day A&S Display/Competition 07/21/2018
- Flame of Bhakail, Bhakail Champions & Commons 08/26/2018 (Barony token for service, for scribal)
- Award of Arms, Mudthaw 03/30/2019 from TRM Wilhelm & Vienna
In Case of Court
Surprises are preferred. My partner does not play but comes to events very infrequently. Contact Iriniia Mieszkowna if you wish to ensure my friends or partner will be present.
I do not wear or use leather or other forms of animal skin.
Please use vegetable paper for scrolls and vegan/synthetic leather alternatives for garb or accessories. This is somewhat flexible if the skin can be determined to be ethically sourced (humanely treated and all parts used of the animal) but is a strong general preference. (Wool or other animal products that leave the animal alive are fine.)
I also have a sensory aversion to unfinished or "raw" wood.
Food: I do not eat beef. I am also very sensitive to many spices. In general, vegetarian or poultry-based options are preferred.
Drink: The sweeter the better!