Tiberius Sergius Valens
Baronial Archery Championship 2016
Sable, on a flame Or a death's head gules. (Not final)
|Award & Office Badges|
Dominus Tiberius was brought to the SCA by a longing to participate in Archery. After a long search he happened upon the Barony of L'ile du Dragon Dormant. The rest is to be History.
Originally born on the 3rd day of Ianuarius or Januarius ("January") 10 BC in Ostia to the noble family of Sergia. As a child growing up by the sea, he wanted to join the navy. But the navy was never wholly embraced by the Roman state(or his Family), and deemed somewhat "un-Roman". He joined the Imperial Roman Legions when he came of age. His service began in 28 BC with Legio II Augusta. His first campaign was in Argentoratum or Argentorate(ancient name for the French city of Strasbourg). While there he rose through the ranks to Primus Pilus, and took the lead of the 1st Cohort. In AD 43 he was part of the Britannia campaign led by Aulus Plautius. While there he gained the Angomen of Britannicus ("Victorious in Britain"). In AD 50, while under the command of Publius Ostorius Scapula, he retired from the military after 22 years service as a Legatus. He now lives in Antium, enjoying the sea, his family and his new passion, Archery!
Became an Archery Marshal and then the Captain of Archers of the Barony of L'ile du Dragon Dormant.
Offices & Positions
- Captain of Archers, Barony of L'ile du Dragon Dormant - April 1st, 2016 to March 26th 2018
- Castellan(Chatelaine), Barony of L'ile du Dragon Dormant - Jun 10th, 2014 until ?? 2015
- Archery Marshal - May 01, 2014 to present
- Marshal in Charge, Baronial Archery Championship 2016 - May 15th, 2016 A.S. LI
Projects & Publications
- Re-purposed archery badges to make Marshal Badges - July 4th, 2017
- Wants everyone to enjoy Archery more!
- Was reintroduced to Archery May 29, 2013 A.S. XLVIII