Agnes Marie de Calais
From EastKingdomWiki(Redirected from User:Agnesmariedecalais)
Agnes Marie de Calais
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
|Award & Office Badges|
Agnes Marie de Calais (she/her/hers) was introduced to the SCA in the Barony of Bridge, University of Rhode Island group in the winter of 2003. She was active in fencing from 2003 to 2005 in the Qunitavia area. Life events led to a period of relative inactivity till 2010 in which she, her husband and then three small children participated again. Again life intervened and the family was watching from a far and waiting to return. 2018 has marked a renaissance of SCA activity for this family of six. Agnes is married to Damhin MacRonain. Their children are Isaac(Jay mundane) who fights heavy list with his father and has a Moroccan personae, Malcolm( Sterling mundane) who enjoys youth service and A&S Cooking , Nathaniel who has a love of pottery research and retaining and Barry who helps support the family in all these activities.
Her main SCA pursuits are combining research and the bardic arts, performance, retaining and service to the Kingdom and she is a Youth Officer at Large. Ask her to tell you a story and you could hear anything from the tales of gnomes to the writings of Galileo and Archimedes.
Agnes Marie de Calais was born in 1480 and is the eldest of three surviving children of a wool merchant. She and her two sisters were trained to be able to help with accounts, read and not only run a household but aid with various aspects of business. At this point in time Calais is under English control but her family privately maintains their French roots and have been merchants in Calais for as long as anyone can remember. Her marriage to a fellow guild member’s son was arraigned and she wed at twenty. She aides her husband in business accounts, reads and owns a book of hours, manages a modest sized household and being a mother of six herself aides in midwifery. She enjoys unique fashion and fabrics from around the world that find their way to Calais and sumptuary laws irk her. She is currently middle aged and living in 1518.
Offices, Awards and Positions
- Youth Officer at Large 2018-present Coordinator for Youth Service Initiative-Caoilfhionn inghean Fhaolain III
- Retainer - Brennan III and Caoilfhionn III
- Award of Arms at Final Court- Brennan III and Caoilfhionn III
- Award of Queens Order of Esteem Final Court- Brennan III and Caoilfhionn III
- Bardic Champion for the Barony of the Bridge 2018 to 2019
- Freedom of the Bridge Award by the Barony of Bridge 2018- Ulric von der Insel& Clothilde von der Insel
- Order of the Troubadour Black Rose Ball 2019- Wilhelm and Vienna
- Order of the Maunche, Queen & Crown's Arts and Sciences Championship 2020 Queen Margarita
- Retainer- Queen Margarita
- Retainer- Alberic von Rostock
- Bardic Champion for Barony of Bergental 2020
- Order of the Silver Wheel -Tindal and Alberic 2021
- Order of the Golden Lyre- Tindal and Alberic 2021
- Consorts Bardic Champion- Tindal and Alberic 2021
- Youth A/S Classes at Birka 2019
- Youth A/S Classes at Birka 2020
- "Adapting an Existing Tale", Summer Days Bardic Event Online 2020
- Tyger Youth Camp Online Summer 2020
- So Now You Need More Documentation , Sparkly and Shiny 2021
- More Than the Words, What would your tale have looked like when it was told in period, Winter Nights Online 2021
- Story of your stories - Researching your Bardic work, Winter Nights Online 2021
- Embracing Improvisation- Winter Nights Online 2021
( Please see my website for handouts and more)
Projects and Publications
For more of her work both as an Art and Science Researcher, Bardic classes and performance and other work of note please visit her website. agnesmariedecalais.com
- Apprenticed to Mistress Raziya bint Rusa
Interests and Pursuits
Her main SCA pursuits are combining a love for research and a passion for being a storyteller/bard as well as working with the youth of our society in any capacity needed.
In case of Court
Please notify my Laurel Mistress Raziya bint Rusa in advance if possible as well as my husband Lord Damhan MacRonan (Dylan Whitney), I am fine with accepting awards during Ethereal Court. Due to health issues planning for court is helpful.