Tola knitýr at Twelfth Night, A.S. XLVIII
|Award & Office Badges|
|Award of Arms |
Lady Tola knitýr first joined the SCA as a child, with her family, in 1994. After some time away from the Society in her early 20's, she became active again in the Shire of Quintavia. Her interests mostly gravitate around the art world, where she tries her hand at any string-based activity. She is an accomplished embroiderer, spinner, and seamstress, and seeks to share her love of fiber with any who are willing to listen. She also enjoys spending time at the torch creating lampwork beads. She introduced her husband to the SCA, and their two children are now third generation SCAdians.
This is a work in progress.
Tola lives with her husband, Arngrimr Meinfretr, on a small farm in 10th century Jutland (Denmark). They have two children, and a modest flock of sheep, that Tola cares for and uses in her spinning and weaving. Arngrimr's aging parents live on the farm as well, helping with smaller tasks to keep the farm functioning while he does the majority of the work.
- 07/10/2015 Queen's Award of Excellence
- 04/07/2013 Seamstress to the Crown
- 02/04/2012 Companion of the Order of the Maunche
- 03/01/1997 Award of Arms
- Resident of Quintavia
- Member of Sharc Pit
- Member of Folkvang
- Apprentice to Mistress Elizabeth Elenore Lovell
- Editor of the East Kingdom Gazette
- Journeyman of the Keepers of Athena's Thimble (competency rankings in Free, Metal Thread, Pleated Work/Smocking, Blackwork, and Counted)
- Favor Coordinator for Caoilfhionn II
- Stitches for Handsewing
- Spinning Ancient Fibers
- Intro to Drop Spindle
- Fingerloop Braiding
- Fiber Petting Zoo