Tola knitýr at Twelfth Night, A.S. XLVIII
|Award & Office Badges|
|Award of Arms, Order of the Maunche|
Lady Tola knitýr first joined the SCA as a child, with her family, in 1994. After some time away from the Society in her early 20's, she became active again in the Shire of Quintavia. Her interests mostly gravitate around the art world, where she tries her hand at any string-based activity. She is an accomplished embroiderer, spinner, and seamstress, and seeks to share her love of fiber with any who are willing to listen. She also enjoys spending time at the torch creating lampwork beads. She introduced her husband to the SCA, and their two children are now third generation SCAdians.
This is a work in progress.
Tola is married to Arngrimr Meinfretr and they have two children. They live outside Heiðabýr (Hedeby) in the early 10th century.
- 07/10/2015 Queen's Award of Excellence
- 04/07/2013 Seamstress to the Crown
- 02/04/2012 Companion of the Order of the Maunche
- 03/01/1997 Award of Arms
- Resident of Quintavia
- Member of Sharc Pit
- Member of Folkvang
- Apprentice to Mistress Elizabeth Elenore Lovell
- Editor of the East Kingdom Gazette
- Journeyman of the Keeper's of Athena's Thimble (competency rankings in Free, Metal Thread, Pleated Work/Smocking, Blackwork, and Counted)
- Stitches for Handsewing
- Spinning Ancient Fibers
- Intro to Drop Spindle
- Fingerloop Braiding
- Fiber Petting Zoo