Tegwen ferch Cydifor ap Bleddyd
Market Day at Birka, 2019.
|Award & Office Badges|
Lairde Tegwen ferch Cydifor ap Bleddyd is a member of Clann O'Choda and Sept House Ardubrath. They have been part of the Society for thirty-five years, since the small age of two. Their parents are Lady Siobhan inSceith Girr and Lord Etienne LeNoir, and their aunt is Lady Alexandra of Silverwood all from the Barony of Stonemarche. At the age of four, Tegwen won second place in a bardic competition on account of being particularly small and full of chutzpah, singing Rose, Rose.
A member of Clann O'Choda, Lairde Tegwen has been involved with the household for some years. They were given their ribbon of membership at Pennsic, Anno Societas 2013. They lead a small septhouse, Ardubrath, with their fellow head-of-house, Fearghus O'Choda.
In recent years, Tegwen has been busy at work in the Barony of Stonemarche as Chronicler, and working as the Birka Merchant Coordinator for 2017, 2018, and 2019. They will be Merchant Coordinator for Birka 2020 as well. In January of 2017, Mistress Aisha bint Jamil accepted Tegwen as a protege, and continues the student-pelican relationship in teaching service and grace.
Lairde Tegwen is skilled in hair design, multiple fiber arts, herbal remedies, and some basic seamstress work, though mostly to repair the legions of damaged pants after any given Pennsic. They teach and offer tutorials on persona hair designs at Pennsic and other events.
Hailing from the southmost point of Cymru, Tegwen ferch Cydifor is a lairde of minor consequence who has acted as servant to both local and visiting nobles. Lairde Tegwen was elevated for service to the crown and the populace. Tegwen was trained by a Roman oronatrix in the classic hairstyles, but has added their own flair with Cymru styled braids and weaving. They have skills in music, archery, sewing, and household management.
- Assistant Merchant Coordinator, Marketplace at Birka, 01/29/16
- A&S Coordinator Baronial Birthday 10/15/16
- Merchant Coordinator, Marketplace at Birka, 01/27/17
- Royal Retainer, HRM Honig, 08/04/17
- Merchant Coordinator, Marketplace at Birka, 01/25/18
- Teacher; Embroidery basics, Athena's Thimble Schola '18, '19.
- Merchant Coordinator, Marketplace at Birka, 01/24/19
- Baronial Retainer, Baroness Deirdre, 07/28/19
- Barony of Stonemarche Chronicler (Carved in Granite) 01/12/16 to Present
- 1/06/1990 Tyger's Cub (East) Market Day at Birka, Horic and Lea
- 2/21/2015 Award of Arms (East) Dragonship Haven Investiture, Edward III and Thyra II
- 1/27/2018 Silver Wheel (East) A Market Day at Birka, Ivan and Matilde
- 6/16/2018 Order of the Millstone (Barony of Stonemarche) Golden Tournaments, Dorio and Jocelyn
Projects & Publications
- We Have Always Fought, Music and Lyrics 07/02/15
- The She-Baron of Stonemarche, Performed at Royal Court, Birka XXX, 2019.
At the time they were granted the Tyger's Cub award, Tegwen (then known as Nightengale of Silverwood) was the youngest recipient of the award at the age of 8. They served as page to Baroness Megan ni Laine for five years doing errands, acting as cup-bearer, and keeping track of scrolls and awards during court.