Syrine Al-Sakina Bint Houriya
Photo by Benoît Dubé, 2015
|Award & Office Badges|
Syrine discovered the SCA in 2014 through friends, at the Duché de Bicolline where would be held, few months later, the new version of the Beltaines, in Tir Mara. In her mundane life, she has a Bachelor in Business Administration at Université Laval. She has also studied fiber arts in college, for three years. Finally, she's a professional oriental dancer (often referenced to bellydancer).
She has found, in the SCA, a way to manage events, share knowledge, teach techniques, perform and, most of all, learn.
She is also a heavy fighter since 2016
Photo by Brenden Crane, Pennsic 46
Photo by Clay Patrick McBridge, Balfar's Challenge 2019
Photo by Azim of Al-Karakal, Feste des Glaces 2019
These are the words you hear when Al-Karakal's soldiers are on their way to war.
Syrine, as every other fighter of Al-Karakal, is a mamluk, a slave soldier. Forever in the service of the king, their conquests brought them great power and wealth.
Syrine is a truskish warrior from the 14th century.
- Co-Autocrat, The Beltaines 33rd edition, 06/18/2020
- Co-Autocrat, The Beltaines 32nd edition, 06/21/2019
- Co-Autocrat, The Beltaines 31st edition, 06/08/2018
- Deputy Co-Autocrat, The Beltaines 30th edition, 06/24/2017
- Registrations coordinator, The Beltaines 29th edition, 06/18/2016
- Kitchen staff, Spring Crown Tournament, 2016
- Helper, The Beltaines 28th edition, 06/12/2015
Offices & Positions
- Chatelaine for the Baronny of Havre des Glaces (since march 2018)
- Barony of Havre des Glaces's A&S Champion (2018-2019)
Awards & Honors
- Décoration des Glaces, baronial award for general implication (Feste des Glaces, September 2019), by the populace of Havre des Glaces
- Order of the Silver Lys, baronial award for Service to the Baronny of Havre des Glaces, (Beltaines XXXII, June 2019), by Baron Godfroy de Falaise and Baronness Alisay de Falaise
- Silver Brooch, (IDD's BIA, March 2nd 2019), King Wilhelm and Queen Vienna de la Mer
- Blue Tyger Legion for Al-Karakal's fighters (100 Minutes War, November 17th 2018), by Queen Vienna de la Mer and King Wilhelm.
- Award of Arms (Les Beltaines XXXI, June 9th 2018), by King Brennan and Queen Caoilfhionn.
- Link of Courtesy (Les Beltaines XXXI, June 9th 2018), by Prince Antonii & Princess Ciar of the Mists.
- Men at arms to Sir Baptiste of Al-Karakal
- Apprentice of Mistress Shadiyah
Projects & Interests
- Heavy fighting
- Fiber arts (sewing, weaving, dyeing, spinning, embroidery)
- Oriental dance (bellydancing)
Here are some of my projects
October 2018 - Mists Fall Investiture, Court Baronage for Khalida Bint Sa'id Al-Attar, Words by His highness Antonii Machinevik, Calligraphy by Mistress Shadiyah, Illumination by Syrine Al-Sakina Bint Houriya
January 2018 - 12th Night, Silver Tyger for Azim of Al-Karakal, Words and illumination Syrine Al-Sakina Bint Houriya, Calligraphy by Mistress Shadiyah
March 2019 - Gulf War, Thank You Card blanks for the Gift Exchange, Illumination by Syrine Al-Sakina Bint Houriya
March 2019 - Baronial Investiture Anniversary of the Ile du Dragon Dormant, A Silver Wheel made for Ikhlas "Ike" Al-Chakib, Illumination and words by Syrine Al-Sakina Bint Houriya, Calligraphy by Mistress Shadiyah, Medalion by Syrine Al-Sakina Bint Houriya and Pierre Michel Bernard
June 2019 - Les Beltaines XXXII, Havre des Glaces Baronial Order of the Pellerin for Cellach Dhonn inghean Mhic an Mhadaidh, Illumination and words by Syrine Al-Sakina Bint Houriya, Calligraphy by Mistress Shadiyah
September 2019 - Feste des Glaces, Silver Wheel made for Khayra Illumination and words by Syrine Al-Sakina Bint Houriya, Calligraphy by Mistress Shadiyah,
September 2019 - Feste des Glaces, Silver Brooch made for Magnus Illumination by Syrine Al-Sakina Bint Houriya, Golf leaf and calligraphy by Mistress Shadiyah
- Havre des Glaces Baronial Investiture Anniversary, 2019 (With Mistress Shadiyah and Rachel)
- 12th Night's feast, 2019 (With Mistress Shadiyah)
- Spring Crown Tourney's feast, 2016
In Case of Court
Please contact Sir Baptiste or Sir Mohammad of Al-Karakal