Sylvia du Vey
Baroness Sylvia and Ginny at Panteria
Per pale purpure and vert, a horse passant contourny and on a chief argent an arrow bendwise sinister between two fleurs-de-lys inverted purpure.
|Award & Office Badges|
|File:E maunche.gif Queen's Honor of Distinction, Kiena I
Queen's Order of Distinction Kiena I
Baroness Sylvia du Vey is the first territorial Baroness of the Barony of Endewearde. She was inducted into the Order of the Laurel at the Great Northeastern War in 2013 in recognition of her expertise and leadership in period brewing.
She is currently the Guildmistres of the East Kingdom Brewers' Guild and serves as the East Kingdom Equestrian Marshal. She has served as both King and Queen's Equestrian Champion.
Mistress Sylvia has been involved in the SCA since 1994, when her husband, Baron Ané du Vey encouraged her to start coming to events. Since then she has become increasingly more active, particularly enjoying brewing, equestrian activities, sewing, and occasionally attempting to hit people on the head with big sticks. She is a well-known combat archer of the East, legendary for shooting one-armed when necessary.
14th century Norman
Member of the household of Syr Cedric of Thanet (Thanet House)
Offices & Positions
- Minister of the Lists, Shire of Endewearde, 2007-2011
- Queen's Equestrian Champion, Andreas IV and Gabriella II, July 4, 2009
- Equestrian Marshal at Large, 2009+
- Endewearde Brewers Guild - Founding Guildmistress
- Lady in Waiting to Kiena Stewart I, II
- East Kindgom Brewers Guildmistress beginning March 2012
- King's Equestrian Champion, Kenric and Avelina, June 2012
- Autocrat, Tourney o' Love, 2008
- Autocrat, Tourney o' Love, 2009
- Autocrat and EqMIC, Endewearde's "Official Equestrian Practice," 2009
- Autocrat, Tourney o' Love, 2010
- Autocrat, East Kingdom Bardic Champions Competition 2011
- Autocrat, Tourney o' Love, 2012
- Autocrat, Fall Crown Tournament, 2012
Projects & Publications