Sugawara no Naeme
Ei. Wa. Chi.
|Award & Office Badges|
In 2000, while on pilgrimage, Sugawara no Naeme found herself unexpectedly in a portion of the Kingdom of Meridies that would later become the Kingdom of Gleann Abhann. At the end of 2013 Sugawara and her companion Ogawa-dono moved to the East Kingdom to tend to family.
One day she hopes to return to the Heavenly Isle and the storied capital, Heian-kyo. Until then, Sugawara shares her knowledge, art, and service with her adopted Kingdom.
Naeme-hime was born to the ancient and noble Sugawara Uji in the late 10th century.
She hopes to gain the favor of one of the great court ladies to serve as a knowledgeable companion much as Murasaki Shikibu and Sei Shonagon serve the Empress and Princess with stories and poems.
When not in active service at court, Lady Sugawara spends her time on pilgrimage, visiting shrines and temples.
- Apprentice of Maitresse Alysia Gabrielle de Fougeres, Gleann Abhann
- Member, House Shadow Legion
Offices & Positions
- A&S Officer, Barony of Grey Niche, Gleann Abhann, September 2010 to October 2012
- Quartermaster, Barony of Grey Niche, Gleann Abhann, May 2009 to April 2013
Awards & Honors
Sugawara no Naeme holds seventh court rank, senior grade in the Court of the Son of Heaven.
- AOA, Gleann Abhann
- Grey Pearl, Barony of Grey Niche, Gleann Abhann
- Order of Denial, Barony of Grey Niche, Gleann Abhann
- Order of the Estoile, Barony of Grey Niche, Gleann Abhann
- Order of the Onyx Chalice, Gleann Abhann
- Sovereign's Letter of Endorsement, Ashikaga Hiromoto, Gleann Abhann
- Autocrat, Candlemas: A Heian New Year Celebration, February 7, 2009
- Autocrat, Spring Coronation, Gleann Abhann, April 14, 2012
Projects & Publications
- Kasane for the SCA: When to Wear Which Color - class
- Introduction to Japanese Women's Clothing - class
In Case of Court
High Anxiety in surprise situations and large crowds. Please provide some warning, if able.
Would be happy to receive an award during Ethereal Court.