Steffan ap Cenydd of Silverwing
Baron Steffan ap Kennydd
|Resides: Barony of the Bridge and on occasion Trimaris
|Awards: Order of Precedence
Argent chappe ploye invected an owl affronty argent, and as an augmentation, on a canton purpure a firebrand Or
|Award & Office Badges
Compiler of Silverwing's Laws, Master Steffan is a companion of the Orders of the Pelican and Laurel and a baron of the Court all in recognition of his decades of devotion to the College of Arms and accurate crafting of period ceremonies - especially coronations in diverse cultures.
Current persona started out as being in the train of Henry V, maybe Henry IV before him. But I dress rather earlier than that, so I’ve really moved back. “During the 100 Years War”. Let’s say more Poitiers than Agincourt. I’m nominally a herald, trained in the law (Inns of Court, I read Roman law at Padua, and I have an interest in the ancient Welsh law). I think of myself as somewhat like Erpingham in Henry V, an elder statesman of sorts in the periphery of royalty.
Offices & Positions
- Brigantia Principal Herald January 1981 - July 1983.
- Firebrand Herald Extraordinary: The third ever Herald Extraordinary named in the Society
- Steffan was created a permanent Visiting Carolingian Fellow of Philosophy to the Barony of the Bridge (briefly called 'Carolingian Scholar of the Road') in AS XXXIII.
- Member of the first faculty of the Community College of Arms of Bridge (CCAB).
- First holder of the tenure of Stuffy Authenticist, an office in Bridge.
Pennsic War Herald
Chief Herald at Pennsic 11. That was Hasdrubal I and Kunegunda I vs Andrew III and Sharra.
Projects & Publications
Steffan is the compiler of the Silverwing's Laws, found at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iseoNQAcmry7aUp6B1gwwnJVClJtR0CjtXGGA_V_Cy4/edit
He has crafted period coronation ceremonies for use by a number of kingdoms including the East and Aethelmearc.
Listowner of the EK-Customs list (EKfirstname.lastname@example.org)