Lord L. Severin Festschdermacher
(fka) Lahbruinn MacMhikiel commonly called Larry
Or, a pall inverted sable between three mullets of seven points gules
|Award & Office Badges|
I am L. Severin Festschdermacher, was formally known as Labhruinn MacMhìcheil, where most called me the familiar name of Larry. I have been playing the SCA game since 1990. My interests are very varied, some with just an interest without getting too deep into, while others, I go into that pool head long, and neck deep. Mostly, I am a costumer and a cook. Over the years, I've held a few officer positions in both the Barony Beyond the Mountain (BBM) and one of it's territories, the Canton of Fennbrycg.
Describe your persona and persona history (as much as you wish)
Offices & Positions
- Chancellor of the Minors, Canton of Fennbrycg, 02/15/1996 to 08/15/1998
- Chancellor of the Exchequer, Canton of Fennbrycg, 01/01/1999 to 12/31/2010
- Baronial Herald, Barony Beyond the Mountain 03/30/2006 to 01/01/2009
- Chancellor of the Exchequer, Barony Beyond the Mountain, 11/01/2008 to 01/31/2016
- Chancellor of the Exchequer, Southern Region Deputy, East Kingdom, 11/01/2017 to present
- Merchant Herder- Fall Feast of Simplefaire; 11/04/06, 11/03/07, 11/08/08, 11/07/09, 11/06/2010
- Co-Steward- Fall Feast of Simplefaire; 10/22/2011, 11/03/2012
- Executive Chef- Feast- BBM Yule, 12/01/2007
- Co-Steward & Merchant Herder & Site Logistics Coordinator- Acorn & Pearls II; 6/6-8/2008
- Executive Chef- Feast- BBM/ Bergental Yule; 12/06/2008
- Executive Chef - Day Board - Coronation of Edward and Marguerite
- Tournant Chef- Balfar's Challenge; 04/07/2012
- Steward- BBM, BBM/Bergental Yule; 12/08/2012
- Tournant Chef- East Kingdom Crown Tournament of Ivan and Matilde; 11/04/2017
- Boucher Chef- Coronation of Brennan III and Caoilfhionn III; 04/07/2018
- Boucher Chef- Balfar's Challenge; 04/21/2018
- Executive Chef- Day Board- Barony Beyond the Mountain Investiture of Mahk and Gwenlian
- Boucher Chef- Day Board- K & Q Armored Championship/Sommer Draw; 06/01/2018
- Additional Knife Wielder- East Kingdom Novice Event; 7/21/2018
- Additional Knife Wielder & Kitchen Help - Barony of Bergental Investiture; 09/22/2018
- Assistant to the day board chef for Hrim Schola in Smoking Rocks 03/09/2019
- Additional Knife Wielder and Kitchen help for Day Board; Black Rose Ball- Bridge Investiture; 03/23/2019
- Additional Knife Wielder and Kitchen help for Feast; Black Rose- Ball Bridge Investiture; 03/23/2019
- Tournant Chef and Knife Wilder- Balfar's Challenge in DSH; 4/27/2019
- T-Tunics for Children - Bergental Children's Schola; (few years in 1990's); All Children taking the class; learned to measure, pattern, and cut out a T-Tunic that once sewn, took home with them.
- Events by the Numbers - Carolingia Service University; Feb 2016; Explaining the Forms, Reports, and money safe guards of a regular event.
- Graded Measuring Tapes via Juan De Alcega- Bergental Novice Schola; March 2016; Bergental Novice Schola; March 2018; Hrim Schola, BBM; March 2018; - Instructions on making a Late Period Measuring Tape via Juan De Alcega's Tailoring Book.
- SCA 2 seam Tunic vs. Geometry Tunic - Bergental Novice Schola; March 2018; A comparison between the SCA 2 seam (side seams only) and separate geometrical pieced tunics.
- A Pictorial Display of Tunics to Shirts - Bergental Novice Schola; March 2018; A Pictorial history of various tunics from early period to late.
- Teaches how to make silk dyed pennon banners
Tailor to the Crown
- Balfar III and Luna III
- Thorvald and Svava
- Gryffith and Aikaterine
has also made for Kenrick III and Avelina III
Apprenticed to Countess Morgen DuVal (10/5/1996). Do to life's many ebbs and flows, my Laurel is unable to play as often as she would like. I was given the choice to dissolve the ties, or stay and work as a student to other Peers. The answer to that question is different for all, my answer was to stay tied to her, and seek out others for knowledge and experience. I have had the pleasure to continue my learning from many Laurels and Pelicans from the East Kingdom.
Won top prize for HONEY-ALMOND Cheesecake at Smoking Rocks Birthday 2017.
Has made dyed silk pennons for Kings of Pennsic 2010.