Seamus na Coille Aosda
Seamus at GNEW 2015
|Award & Office Badges|
Lord Seamus na Coille Aosda:
Aka: Seamus a Chnuic Ghuirm (registered name).
A founding (1970s) member of the Shire of Vinland (a predecessor to Endewearde in central & eastern Maine) and a member of Clan Cnoc Gorm , a household of Vinland. In 1979 Seamus moved to An Tir where he was a founding member of the Shire of Evercleare (1981), now the Barony of Glymm Mere , where he was a member of the household of Sir Richard Fergus Fitzalan , first Baron Glymm Mere. He returned to the East in 1984 to find no trace of Vinland. In 2012, after a 28 year lapse, he became active in the SCA again, and is happily a member of the Barony of Endewearde.
- Crystal of Glymm Mere (Barony of Glymm Mere, Kingdom of An Tir) By: Richard Fergus Fitzalan, Gwendolyn Fitzalan, December 10, 1983.
- Award of Arms (An Tir) By: Manfred Kriegstreiber, Morwyn of Wye, Jan 14, 1984 (AS XVIII)
- Order of the Keystone of Endewearde (baronial service award) October 12, 2014.
- Order of the Maunche 9 July 2016. at the Great Northeastern War by Kenric III and Avelina III
- Order of the Golden Mantle 27 May 2018. at Panteria / K&Q Thrown Weapons Championship by Brennan III and Caoilfhionn II
- Order of the Silver Crescent 21 September 2019. at the Endewearde Investiture Ozurr and Fortune
An Irish kern born in the year 955 at the crannog of Newtownlow, County Westmeath, Ireland .
- Yeoman to Master Godric of Hamtun
- Household Affiliations: Sundorwine & Cnoc Gorm.
- North Tower Infantry Company.
- East Kingdom Foresters' Guild
- Order of Saint Hubert(An Order of the Known World Foresters' Guild)
Offices & Positions
- Seneschal, Shire of Vinland, mid 1970s.
- Scribe, Barony of Glym Mere, early 1980s.
- Chief of Clan (household) Cnoc Gorm, 2012 to present.
- Deputy Chamberlain, Barony of Endewearde, June 2013 to January 2014.
- Thrown Weapons Marshal, Barony of Endewearde, October 2013 to present.
- Chamberlain, Barony of Endewearde, January 2014 to January 2018.
- Veteran Spearman (retired) of The North Tower Infantry Company, Barony of Endewearde.
- Acting Keeper of The Court of Endewearde Forest (East Kingdom Royal Foresters Guild, 21 May 2016 - 9 July 2016.
- Keeper of The Court of Endewearde Forest (East Kingdom Royal Foresters Guild, July 2016 to October 2017
- Warden of the East (Principle officer of the East Kingdom Royal Foresters Guild), October 2017 to present.
- Thrown Weapons Champion of the Barony of Endewearde, August 2018 to present.
- Assistant Event Steward in charge of the roast shoat, Vinland Revel, mid 1970s.
- Assistant Event Steward in charge of the Yule Fire lighting ceremony, Yule Feast, Shire of Evercleare, December 10, 1983.
- Deputy Event Steward for the Endewearde Hunt, October, 2013.
- Deputy Event Steward for the Endewearde Hunt, October, 2014.
- Organizer & Marshal-in-Charge of the first annual baronial thrown weapons championship, Barony of Endewearde, August 15, 2015.
- Thrown Weapons Marshal-In-Charge at The Endewearde Hunt. 2015
- Thrown weapons Marshal-In-Charge at Middleground. 21 May 2016.
- Archery MIT assisting on range at Great Northeastern War XXX. 2016.
- Thrown Weapons Marshal-In-Charge at The Endewearde Hunt. 2016
- Assisting Archery Marshal at Middleground. May 2017
- Thrown Weapons Marshal-In-Charge at The Endewearde Hunt. 2017
- Autocrat & Thrown Weapons Marshal-In-Charge at The Endewearde Baronial Thrown Weapons Championship. August 2017.
- Thrown Weapons Marshal-In-Charge at The Endewearde Hunt. 2018
Projects & Publications
- The Looking Glass , newsletter of the Shire of Evercleare, now the Barony of Glymm Mere, 1980s. Covers for issues 4-9 & 22, as well as incidental illustrations, borders and several short articles on calligraphic technique.
- "Memories of Vinland: what came before", Northern Watch, newsletter of the Shire of Endewearde, spring 2012.
- "Hungarian or Gypsy Campfire Bacon", Northern Watch, newsletter of the Shire of Endewearde, September 2012.
- "Knotty Camping: 'tis the season", Northern Watch, newsletter of the Barony of Endewearde, March 2013.
- "Tips on creating a period campsite.", Northern Watch, newsletter of the Barony of Endewearde, summer 2013.
- "Tips For Camping In Cool Weather" on my blog at https://barefootscadian.wordpress.com/2016/08/30/tips-for-camping-in-cool-weather/
- A continuing series "F is for Forester", Northern Watch, newsletter of the Shire of Endewearde.
- Designed and crafted the original Red Deer Awards for the Shire of Evercleare, now the Red Hart of the Barony of Glymm Mere, 1983.
- Researched and built a lye leaching hopper which was used by Endewearde's soap makers to successfully leach a lye solution from wood ash, Spring 2012.
- Made a shield for an early medieval Irish kern. (See my device above right)
Interests & Activities
- Thrown weapons (Marshal)
- Archery (Marshal & Yeoman to Master Godric of Hamtun)
- Woodworking (A journeyman carpenter.)
- Camp-craft & woods lore (Rank of Master Forester in the East Kingdom Royal Foresters Guild.)
- Leather working (A novice.)
- Metal working (A novice.)
- Long distance trail running.
Current Projects & Works in Progess
- A pair of fletched javelins.
- Hand riving javelin & spear shafts from white ash harvested from my woodlot.
- A Tuam chair using only hand tools.
- Building trestle tables.
- Two Medieval wooden shovels.
- A bow.
- Several chests.
- A Skian (Irish long knife).
Seamus' FaceBook page: 
Shire of Endewearde Order of Precedence
Seamus' entry in the An Tir Roll of Arms 
Seamus' listing in the An Tir Order of Precedence