Seamus na Coille Aosda
Seamus at GNEW 2015
|Resides: Shire of Endewearde|
Argent, a trillium purpure barbed vert and seeded Or.
|Award & Office Badges|
|AoA, Crystal of Glymm Mere|
Lord Seamus na Coille Aosda:
Aka: Seamus a Chnuic Ghuirm (registered name).
A founding (1970s) member of the Shire of Vinland (a predecessor to Endewearde in central & eastern Maine) and a member of Clan Cnoc Gorm , a household of Vinland. In 1979 Seamus moved to An Tir where he was a founding member of the Shire of Evercleare (1981), now the Barony of Glymm Mere , where he was a member of the household of Sir Richard Fergus Fitzalan , first Baron Glymm Mere. He returned to the East in 1984 to find no trace of Vinland. In 2012, after a 28 year lapse, he became active in the SCA again, and is happily a member of the Barony of Endewearde.
- Crystal of Glymm Mere (Barony of Glymm Mere, Kingdom of An Tir) By: Richard Fergus Fitzalan, Gwendolyn Fitzalan, December 10, 1983.
- Award of Arms (An Tir) By: Manfred Kriegstreiber, Morwyn of Wye, Jan 14, 1984 (AS XVIII)
- Order of the Keystone of Endewearde (baronial service award) October 12, 2014.
- Order of the Maunche 9 July 2016.
An Irish kern born in the year 955 at the crannog of Newtownlow, County Westmeath, Ireland .
Offices & Positions
- Seneschal, Shire of Vinland, mid 1970s.
- Scribe, Barony of Glym Mere, early 1980s.
- Chief of Clan (household) Cnoc Gorm, 2012 to present.
- Deputy Chamberlain, Barony of Endewearde, June 2013 to January 2014.
- Thrown Weapons Marshal, Barony of Endewearde, October 2013 to present.
- Chamberlain, Barony of Endewearde, January 2014 to present.
- Veteran Spearman of The North Tower Infantry Company, Barony of Endewearde, October, 2914.
- Acting Keeper of The Court of Endewearde Forest (East Kingdom Royal Foresters Guild, 21 May 2016 - 9 July 2016.
- Keeper of The Court of Endewearde Forest (East Kingdom Royal Foresters Guild, July 2016 to present.
- Assistant Event Steward in charge of the roast shoat, Vinland Revel, mid 1970s.
- Assistant Event Steward in charge of the Yule Fire lighting ceremony, Yule Feast, Shire of Evercleare, December 10, 1983.
- Deputy Event Steward for the Endewearde Hunt, October, 2013.
- Deputy Event Steward for the Endewearde Hunt, October, 2014.
- Organizer & Marshal-in-Charge of the first annual baronial thrown weapons championship, Barony of Endewearde, August 15, 2015.
- Thrown weapons Marshal-in-Charge at Middleground. 21 May 2016.
- Archery MIT assisting on range at Great Northeastern War XXX. 2016.
Projects & Publications
- The Looking Glass , newsletter of the Shire of Evercleare, now the Barony of Glymm Mere, 1980s. Covers for issues 4-9 & 22, as well as incidental illustrations, borders and several short articles on calligraphic technique.
- Designed and crafted the original Red Deer Awards for the Shire of Evercleare, now the Red Hart of the Barony of Glymm Mere, 1983.
- Researched and built a lye leaching hopper which was used by Endewearde's soap makers to successfully leach a lye solution from wood ash, Spring 2012.
- "Memories of Vinland: what came before", Northern Watch, newsletter of the Shire of Endewearde, spring 2012.
- "Hungarian or Gypsy Campfire Bacon", Northern Watch, newsletter of the Shire of Endewearde, September 2012.
- "Knotty Camping: 'tis the season", Northern Watch, newsletter of the Barony of Endewearde, March 2013.
- Made a shield for an early medieval Irish kern. (See my device above right)
- "Tips on creating a period campsite.", Northern Watch, newsletter of the Barony of Endewearde, summer 2013.
Interests & Activities
- Thrown weapons (Marshal)
- Archery (Yeoman to Master Godric of Hamtun)
- Woodworking (A journeyman carpenter.)
- Camp-craft & woods lore: Rank of Forester in the East Kingdom Royal Foresters Guild.
- Leather working (A novice.)
- Metal working (A novice.)
- Long distance trail running (Still doing it & coaching.)
Current Projects & Works in Progess
- An early medieval banner.
- A Tuam chair using only hand tools.
- Building trestle tables.
- Organizing & annotating the remaining, fragmentary records from the defunct Shire of Vinland.
Seamus' FaceBook page: 
Shire of Endewearde Order of Precedence
Seamus' entry in the An Tir Roll of Arms 
Seamus' listing in the An Tir Order of Precedence