Difference between revisions of "Rowen Cloteworthy"
m (Added |opid = 2496)
m (Added category tags)
|Line 110:||Line 110:|
[[Category:Populace]] [[Category:Barony of Bhakail]]
[[Category:Populace]] [[Category:Barony of Bhakail]]
Revision as of 18:43, 7 March 2017
Rowen heralding at "Feast of John Barleycorn", Crown Province of Østgarðr, Sept. 2011
Fusilly argent and sable, a chief gules.
|Award & Office Badges|
This & That
- I first heard about the SCA, or a group like the SCA, by reading "Folk of the Air" by Peter Beagle.
- The first event I went to was one of the Iron Bog Cooks Guild dinner and dance events in Sept 1996. Can't remember what it was called. The second event I went to was a couple weeks later in the Shire of Havre de Glaces in old city Quebec in a medieval tavern. I met the McGowans and (at the time not even Lord) Sir Mohammed there. That was *such* a cool event.
- I was made Deputy Exchequer in December 1996, three months after joining the Shire of Iron Bog. Since then I've been an officer all but 24 months (1 year off, then two 6-month stretches), although I was the co-head cook for a Royal Progress and stewarded an EKU during one 6-month stretch and the deputy royal court herald during the other.
- I've never been a local group herald. I'm toying with the idea of becoming my Canton's herald because it would be amusing. This was true when I wrote this; shortly after, I became the Baronial herald.
- My Herald Extraordinary title has (finally) been submitted. For a long time I didn't project properly when doing court, so I kept cough drops in my pouch (still do). My arms are "Lozengy argent and sable, a chief gules". I've submitted "Red Lozenge Herald". I'll be the cough drop herald. :-)
- The first household I was in was the Tribe Winged Wolf gypsy house. In time, that house fell apart. I still don't deny being Ragnesfolke, though I don't see them as much as I'd like. And I'm part of the House of the Stone Fountain, a service-based household of very good friends.
- My first Pennsic was 26. I've made all but two since then. I don't love Pennsic and it's not like coming home for me like it is for some, but it's where a lot of my friends are every summer.
- I've camped in a lot of Pennsic camps. Winged Wolf Gypsy Camp, Ragnesfolke, Iron Bog as a part of the War Puppies, Iron Bog as its own camp, House Arindale, Ragnesfolke again, Strawberry Fields, and Bhakail.
- The first sitting Royal that I spoke to was Queen Elspeth at K&Q Fencing in the Barony of Carillion in March 1997. We had a great conversation about how interesting fencing would be if they could use lightsabers. Afterward I thought the Queen must have thought I was a complete goob, but all these years later she still talks to me. :-)
- Last one, not at all by way of complaint, but as an encouragement to those who don't come from Baronies and don't know their direction - I don't have any local service awards. My first group was a Shire and later when they became a Barony I had started playing at the Kingdom level. When I finally started playing with the Barony of Bhakail some number of years ago, I was already fairly accomplished. Just do the stuff you love and ask people for help getting your foot in the door if you need it! Go you! (Since I first wrote this, I have been given my first Baronial award - the Order of the Horse, a service award from the Barony of Bhakail.)
Offices & Positions
Salamander Pursuivant (Barony of Bhakail Herald) - December 2015 to present
Shepherd's Crook Herald (Kingdom Precedence Deputy) - November 2015 to present
Troubadour Herald (Kingdom Tourney Deputy) - June 2013 to November 2015
Brigantia Principal Herald - January 2009 to January 2013
Troubadour Herald (Kingdom Tourney Deputy) - January 2005 to January 2009
Vox Regis / Blue Tyger Herald (Royal Court Deputy) -
- Brion III and Anna III - October 2016 - April 2017
- Kenric II and Avelina II - October 2013 - April 2014
- Kenric and Avelina - April 2012 to October 2012
- Gregor III and Kiena - October 2011 to April 2012
- Lucan VIII and Jana V - April 2011 to October 2011
- Gryffith II and Aikaterine II - September 2010 to April 2011
- Gryffith I and Aikaterine I - April 2007 to September 2007
- Brion II and Anna II - April 2006 to September 2006
- (Deputy) Thorvald and Svava - October 2004 to April 2005
- (Deputy) Balfar IV and Luna IV- September 2003 to April 2004
Blue Tyger Herald (Kingdom External Submissions Deputy) - June 2003 to June 2004
Seneschal, Shire of Iron Bog - June 2003 to June 2004
Seneschal, Shire of Iron Bog - September 1999 to June 2002
Exchequer, Shire of Iron Bog - May 1997 to September 1999
- Court of Love and Baronial Bardic Champions, Canton of Black Icorndall - June 2016
- K&Q Rapier Champions, Canton of Black Icorndall - October 2014
- Love and War, Shire of Iron Bog - October 2005
- Crown Tourney of Gaufred Kelson II and Geneviere II (Royal Progress), Shire of Iron Bog - April 2005
- K&Q Bardic Champions - (Royal Progress of Balfar IV and Luna IV), Shire of Iron Bog - March 2004
- East Kingdom University, Shire of Iron Bog - January 2003
- Feast of St. Nicholas, Shire of Iron Bog - December 2000
- Feast of Thanksgiving, Shire of Iron Bog - October 1999
Deputy Event Steward
- Stranger's Ball, Canton of Black Icorndall - October 2012
- Kingdom Crusades (Royal Progress of Balfar IV and Luna IV), Atlantia - October 2003
Co-Head Feast and Dayboard Cook
- East Kingdom University, Shire of Iron Bog - March 2001
Baroness Theodora Bryennissa called Treannah - March 2011 to present
Lady Ravenna de'Witte - July 2015 to present
Lord Doroga Voronin - October 2015 to present
Baroness Suba al-Hadid (informal) - October 2014 to present
Lord Martyn de Halliwell - June 2013 to December 2014