|This article is a stub. You can help the East Kingdom wiki by expanding it.|
Don't know what information to put? See our Templates Page.
See Template_talk:Populace for full suggested contents.
|Award & Office Badges|
Ronan joined the SCA in 2014. It was difficult for him to find his stride at first (feeling awkward in garb and in such settings), but eventually found his stride and absolute love for the society.
The part of the society Ronan loves the most is the people. Ronan and his wife have met and endless reserve of wonderful, helpful, and knowledgeable people that are always kind and welcoming. Being that both he and his wife are disabled, it is often difficult to find understanding and accepting people, but the SCA (and it's participants) have always welcomed them with open arms, no matter what their limitations may be.
Ronan and his wife Nuala host a weekly "SCA Night" at theri residence where all are welcome to come and socialize, work on or learn crafts, and hold fencing and thrown weapons practices as well. (For information on this gathering, please watch for the "MapleCrest SCA Night" announcements on the Stonemarche barony Facebook page each week!
Ronan is the son of a norse (Viking) man and an Irish woman from sometime around the 8th century AD.
(Still working out the finer details)
Offices & Positions
- Name of Position, Location, mm/dd/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy
- List in Chronological order, oldest to newest
- Thrown Weapons Marshal
- Deputy Baronial Thrown Weapons Marshal (Stonemarche)
- Thrown Weapons Marshal in Charge (Harper's Retreat 2017)
- Thrown Weapons Marshal in Charge (Harper's Retreat 2018)
- Golden Tongue - Stonemarche (awarded: Harper's Retreat 2015)
- Award of Arms (awarded: Birka 2018)
- Order of the Furison (awarded: Harper's Retreat 2017)
In Case of Court
- Please contact Nuala MacKensie
- Please have me before the court early in the court as I may not be able to stay through the whole thing due to physical disability.
- Please allow me to stand in court, as kneeling on bad knees is never fun.
- I have some social anxiety. If I look like I know what to do, feel free to give me direction, but be patient with me if I am a bit unsure.
Ronan likes celtic/norse knotwork, and wolves are his symbol. He would absolutely love to have a scroll with these things included.
He is, however, understanding of limitations, and the extreme amount of work that goes into making scrolls and is always appreciative of the efforts put into the artwork. The are each a unique gft unto themselves.