Per bend vert and bendy sinister Or and vert
|Award & Office Badges|
Richard joined the SCA as an embroiderer (which remains his primary focus) but is interested in many things! He has taught classes on medieval finance, accounting, and economics, and he plays a variety of instruments. Lately, he has taken up archery as a means of rounding out his skills to include a martial pursuit.
Richard is a wandering bard in mid 14th century England. Born a commoner, he trained with the longbow as a child and served in the battles of Crecy and Poitiers, before returning home to a life he barely remembered. Unable to commit to the tedium of farming, he took up the path of the troubadour, wandering the countryside, playing music at inns and taverns. A love of beauty in his heart and a desire to leave the horrors of war behind, he embraces all things that make the world a bit more wonderful in which to live.
Offices & Positions
- None as yet
Projects and Displays
- Brickstitch Bag, part of the First Online East Kingdom A&S Display, 2020
- The completed bag can be seen here
- Pattern Darned Drawstring Bag, part of the Second Online East Kingdom A&S Display, 2020
- Holly and Carnation, part of the Harpers' Retreat A&S Display, 2020
- Honeycomb Smocked Apron, part of the Falling Leaves A&S Display, 2020
- Medieval and Renaissance Banking, or “How to Succeed in Business Without Getting Condemned for Usury" presented online on May 8, 2020 and available on the East Kingdom YouTube
- A Brief History of Accounting presented online on June 30, 2020 and available on the East Kingdom YouTube
- Medieval Music, or "Why Does Medieval Music Sound So... Medieval?" presented online on September 4, 2020 at Harpers' Retreat in the Barony of Stonemarche
In Case of Court
Please contact Philippa Dyvill. Online awards are welcome.
1350s/High Medieval is the way I costume/portray my persona, and I would love any scrolls that pull from that period for inspiration.