Per bend vert and bendy sinister Or and vert
|Award & Office Badges|
Despite a strong attachment to finance and financial history, Richard is an embroiderer first and foremost. He dabbles in other fields and teaches classes on economics, but his first love is the needle.
Richard was born into his family's goldsmithing business in the late 15th century and went to work for the Medici Bank in London. After Edward IV refused to pay his debts to that bank, undermining it, the Medici Bank of London was forced out of business and Richard lost his employment. Thereafter a staunch Lancastrian, Richard is now a clerk for Henry VII's Exchequer.
Offices & Positions
- Apprentice of the Keepers of Athena's Thimble
- None as yet
Projects and Displays
- Brickstitch Bag, part of the First Online East Kingdom A&S Display, 2020
- The completed bag can be seen here
- Pattern Darned Drawstring Bag, part of the Second Online East Kingdom A&S Display, 2020
- Medieval and Renaissance Banking, or “How to Succeed in Business Without Getting Condemned for Usury" presented online on May 8, 2020 and available on the East Kingdom YouTube
- A Brief History of Accounting, presented online on June 30, 2020 and available on the East Kingdom YouTube
In Case of Court
Please contact Philippa Dyvill. Online awards are welcome.
15th-16th century English is the way I costume/portray my persona, and I would love any scrolls that pull from the high medieval/early Renaissance period for inspiration.