Rhonwen glyn Conwy
Mistress Rhonwen glyn Conwy
Vert, a bend wavy argent, overall a bottlenose dolphin niant contourney Or.
|Award & Office Badges|
Rhonwen joined the SCA in 1998 and has been having lots of fun ever since. She is a Laurel of scribal and theatrical arts, both of which she loves, and is also often found playing with kids... I mean, organizing children's activities. She enjoys archery and once earned the rank of Master Bowman, though she is currently unranked. She camps with Horn & Crown at Pennsic.
Rhonwen glyn Conwy was born in the north of Wales in the year 989. She came through the millennium unscathed and is now living in 1037. She is married to Lord Preston of Aschehyrst, and they have a son, Mason of Aschehyrst. She is a scribal artist by trade, working in both calligraphy and illumination.
Surprisingly, Rhonwen was reborn in 1528, after which she packed up her things, left Wales, and ran away to Italy to join a group of very disreputable characters known as i Sebastiani, the Greatest Commedia dell'Arte Troupe in the Entire World. If you see her on stage, be sure to toss a few coins in her direction.
Offices & Positions
- Capocomica, i Sebastiani (the Greatest Commedia dell'Arte Troupe in the Entire World), 2005-present
- Guildmistress of the Baron's Troupe of Mummers (Carolingia), 2003-present
- Mistress of Arts & Sciences for the Canton of Aschehyrst, 2002-present
- Guildmistress of the Carolingian Calligraphers' Guild, 1999-2004
- I have a list of these somewhere... I will try to find it.
Projects & Publications
Much of my scribal work can be found at http://www.crowcastle.net/cat/projects.html.
(I am working to update it with work that's happened since 2009... is it coincidence that that's when my son was born? I think not.)