|Award & Office Badges|
Lady Ragnveig Snorradottir began as Giliane la rousse in the Shire of Nithgaard, Æthelmearc, before finding her love of all things Scandinavian. She has since lived in Dun na Mara, Drachenwald, before living in East. She now resides in the Barony of Lochmere, Kingdom of Atlantia.
Ragnveig Snorradottir hails from 10th century Norway, but can also be found, on occasion, in 14th century London.
Offices & Positions
- Herald, Shire of Owlsherst, 06/30/2009 to 7/30/2011
- Name of Position, Name of Event, mm/dd/yyyy
- List in Chronological order, oldest to newest
Teaching & Projects
- Viking Domestic Architecture. Pennsic 2003. (in its third iteration as of 2010)
- Spindles and Handspinning in Medieval Europe: History, Theory and Practicum. Workshop given in Dun na Mara, Drachenwald, 2006.
- Viking Civil Engineering. Pennsic 2007 and 2011, and Silver Hammer, Meridies, 2008.
- Diet and Nutrition in Celtic, Anglo-Saxon, and Viking British Populations though Archaeological Sources. Pennsic 2008 and 2011.
- Millenarianism in Medieval Europe. Pennsic 2008.
- Viking Towns in Ireland. Dark Ages Schola, AEthelmearc, 2009.
- Denmark Before Jellinge. Pennsic and Vikings on the River, AEthelmearc, 2009.
- Hedeby Style for Tunics. Pennsic 2010.
- A Dress of 14th-century Elements. St. Eligius 2006.
- A Scarletworked Shirt of Mid-16th Century English and Swedish Elements. Spring Coronation 2008.
- A Larger Cap of St. Birgitta. Mudthaw 2010.
- A Viking Man's Ufir-Kyrtill (Over-Tunic) from Hedeby. Mudthaw 2010.
- A Moselund Kirtle for a Lady. Pennsic 2010.
- A Plausibly Viking Tablecloth, with Viking Age Pattern-Darned Motifs. Pennsic 2010.
Project portfolio available on Flickr.
Interests: Iron Age research, Scandinavian Viking-Age houses, Viking civil engineering, fibre arts, spinning, natural dyes, needlework