Phelippe le Vigneron
Phelippe le Vigneron
|Resides: Settmour Swamp|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Azure, three bunches of grapes one and two between three grape leaves, a bordure Or.
|Award & Office Badges|
Phelippe le Vigneron (mka Jeff Watson) first found the SCA in 2015 when his wife, Emeline la Chauciere suggested going to this small event that required dressing up in costume. What started as a simple event turned into a hobby that has allowed him to explore myriad activities with a range of intelligent and fun people. Currently he is exploring fencing, archery, brewing, knitting, and music. He has also started writing music and performing with a small group called Dark Bardic based out of Bhakail. Otherwise you can see him on the fencing lists working on authorizing in all forms, or on the archery range working on accuracy, or with a group of musicians making lots of noise and shenanigans. Recently he has started developing his bardic arts to perform and entertain the populace at various events and courts.
He is currently apprenticed to Mästarinna Margreþa La Fauvelle for Bardic. He is also studying under Owyn Greenwood for fencing, Brendan Firebow for Fabris, and Jane Milford for Cloak. Recently, he has begin studying Fabris with Brendan Firebow.
Phelippe le Vigneron is a 14th century wine grower outside the city of Chinon. He lives with his wife Emeline la Chauciere on their estate in the gentle hills of western France.
- Divintation in Historical Martial Activities - presentation
- Sonnet 60 - for 4 voices and recorder
- For Where She Goes - 14th Century virelai for unaccompanied voice
- Numerous period bardic stories, jokes, songs, and monologues.
Areas of Interest
- Bardic Arts
- Music Composition
- Music Performance - Tenor
- Home Brewing
Awards and Accomplishments
- Order of the Silver Brooch (EK Ethereal Court September 2020)
- Order of the Silver Rapier (Mudthaw 2019)
- Order of the Bronze Tower (Pennsic XLVIII)
- Order of the Troubadour - Ducal Challenge (September 2018)
- Baronial Brewing Competition - Quest for Wit and Wisdom 34 Story Time with Baba Yaga - Spiced Apple Cyser (May 2018)
- Baronial Fencing Champion for Settmour Swamp - Quest for Wit and Wisdom 34 Story Time with Baba Yaga (May 2018)
- Baronial Bardic Champion for Settmour Swamp - Black Gryphon Inn (April 2018)
- Competed in Finals of East Kingdom Bardic Competition A.S. 51 (February 2018)
- Recipient of Golden Lyre for Composition and Performance of Sonnet 60 (June 2017)
- Member of Blue Tyger Legion - awarded at Pennsic 46 by Emperor Ionness
- Award of Arms received at Ducal Challenge A.S. 51 (May 2017)
- In Case of Ethereal Court, awards are welcomed!
- In Case of Court: I love being surprised so no advance notice needed. However, I would prefer if my wife, Emeline la Chauciere, were present.
- Emeline would be a great contact to ensure that I will be at an event. Any other information needed can be discussed with Mästarinna Margreþa La Fauvelle.
- Please check out our blog at EmelineAndPhelippeSCAblog.com
- Preferred Pronouns: He/Him