Peregrine the Illuminator
Peregrine at Beowulf the Event
|Resides: Canton of the Towers|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Per pale sable and gules all semy of flames Or, three bars embattled argent
|Award & Office Badges|
Master Peregrine the Illuminator. Weaver of Perugia linen towels, teller of tales, singer of songs, carver of small boxes, and composer of music, focused on the intersection between items to be used and items to be enjoyed.
Personas change depending on the research being done and the events attended. Frequent personae include Pellegrino d'Illuminatore, from 1490's Florence Italy, Peregrine Pictor, a painter at the monastery at Kells Ireland sometime between 600 and 1000 AD, a cartographer from the school of Henry the Navigator, and a storyteller from Iceland.
Apprentices and Students
- Rosina von Schaffhausen, Apprentice (ask her about the history of mathematics, narrowwork, drinking songs, and vocal music)
- Drake Oranwood, Student (with Toki Redbeard) (ask him about songwriting, contrafacta, performance opportunities, the Elizabethan Age, and equity and inclusion)
Notable Research and Recreation Projects
- Laurel's Prize Tourney, 2017: Document, compose, and perform a composition using a musical form from prior to 1600
- Woven Perugia Linen Towels and Diamond Twill linens
- Class on Researching textiles - a close-up look at Perugia Linens
- Riddles written in the styles of the Exeter Ms., King Heithrek, sonnets, haiku, and others.
- Riddle challenges at various events, including Crossroads at Canterbury (as Geoffrey Chaucer)
- Amateur Woodcarving in 8th-10th Century Scotland - a chip-carved box inspired by the Birsay Box, 2004
- Bransle Sciuri - a dance in the style of Arbeau, ca. 1998
- Oak Rowing Bench in the style of the Mastermyr Find, ca. 2000
Offices & Positions
- Various offices in the Baroinal Colleges of Nordleigh ca. 1988-1998, including seneschal, herald, and exchequer
- Fifth Bard of Nordskogen, ca 1995
- Midrealm Kingdom Cartographer, 1997-2000
- First Court Artisan of Carolingia for Baron Jehan du Lac,
- Former head of the Carolingian Ancient and Honorable Company of Turners, Joiners, and Carpenters, i.e. the woodworkers' guild, ca. 2006.
- Tabulation at Artifacts of a Life, 2015, 2017,
- Winter Nights Bardic Champion, 2017
- Host of Winter Nights East, a Bardic Challenge Event, February 9, 2019.