Nyfain merch Coel
|Resides: The Royal Forrest of the Rusted Woodlands|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Per pale vert and sable a greyhound sejent affronty with the head turned to sinster argent, two oak leaves or in chief
|Award & Office Badges|
Registered name: Domina Nemania filia Hweli (as an educated Welshwoman of the time I would always use Latin, in common tongue I am Lady Nyfain merch Coel,Order of the Silver Brooch.My motto is Si illic est avcaarcha, quae est extra illum, in welsh Os oes blwch, mae hi y tu allan iddi. So that all know it: "If there is a box, she is outside of it."
Nyfain is of the Welsh maritime mountains, in the early 600's. She is the daughter of Coel, one of the Welsh Barons of Arthur Pendragon's court. She tends to her demosene lands with great success as a femme sole, an option enjoyed by Welsh women, that would not be available to their British sisters.She has made trading alliances with the raiding Northmen, rather than fall prey to them, has traveled to their courts and trading centers and enjoys wearing the dress of the so called Vikings. Such unusual prosperity has given Nyfain a good deal of time to pursue her interests in sport, dance, letters, needlework and the arts of the scribe. She has not forgotten the glory of Arthur's court and is dedicated to preserving the Tales of the Once and Future King. Member of the CDIV. Serves Lord Cassian Arminious as Consort and devoted friend. Often dresses to match, ala "A Knight's Tale", has acquired a few Roman ensembles in this manner.
Offices & Positions
- Dance Ministress, Rusted Woodlands past
- A&S Officer, Rusted Woodlands past
- One Hundred Minutes War, general staff/kitchen and past Scribe for Heavy Weapons
- Novice/Newcomers Day, general staff, past Scribe for Heavy weapons, and Day Consort for new fighters
- Guest Dance coordinator: East Kingdom 12th Night, Coronation of Gregore and Keina I, Mudthaw, Black Griffon Inn Settmour Swamp*
- guest scribe for Settmour Swamp, The A&E War and Midland Vale
Projects & Publications
- Pennsic Classes taught and A&S exhibitions:
- The Tales of King Arthur/The Road to Avalon Pennsic 36-39, 48
- The Books of Hours; Pennsic 39
- Maxmillian in Innsbruck Pennsic 40
- Tableaux of the Lady and Unicorn tapestry, including the dress and background, live model at Pennsic 40
- Scribal Improvements.Pennsic 42
- My living Arms, a soft sculpture of a Greyhound on the background as a pillow, Pennsic 46
- Viking aprons, Pennsic 48 (made several Birka appearances) one sewn with a hydra and the words to the 13th
warrior prayer, one with a wolf and complete lyrics to the Immigrant song)
- Cloak fashioned of the arms of Cassian Arminious made for Fall Crown Tourney 2021
- Roaman dress, "our Lady of Snows"
- 404 green and black saree (lol, if you don't think a saree is project you haven't tied one!)
- In progress- a book of hours
Happy member of the Guild of Photographers, has been joyously stealing souls since forever. always can be counted upon to sew a few Queens favors Has won many NEWC embroidery competitions Has won even more Dancing Fox dressed Fox competitions, and holds the distinction having named the Great Magnus Vulpes. Royal retainer reigns of Ioannes II & Honig II, Ryoukojin of the Iron skies and Indrakshi Arvinda There are a lot of "pasts" here. The decline started well before the Plague and it is not really understood why,but I look forward to regaining my heart and serving again where I can.