Nastassiia Ivanova Medvedeva
Baroness Tasha Medvedeva
|Resides: Canton of the Towers|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Sable, a bear sejant erect atop a mount, and in chief, three escarbuncles argent.
|Award & Office Badges|
Baroness Nastassiia Ivanova Medvedeva, called Tasha because no one can pronounce the whole thing, is an apprentice-protege to Duchess Anna Ophelia Holloway Tarragon. She is a founding member of the Worshipful Company of Narrowworkers and an avid fan of string and string-related things. She spins, weaves, and sews and loves to teach others how to do these things. She is often loud in the service of her kingdom, as a field and
stream court herald.
If you want to try to pronounce her name, it's nas-tas-EE-ya ee-VAHN-o-va med-VED-yey-va. "Nastassiia" rhymes with "Nice t'see ya".
Tasha has also taken up the bow, because while her skills at close-up wetwork are adequate, she finds such pursuits messy and undignified and well, somebody's got to do it. Those targets aren't going to puncture themselves. She took the field at Pennsic 46 as a combat archer and is proud to now count herself as a Pennsic battlefield veteran. She is a combat archery marshal because the East needs more combat archery marshals.
- Award of Arms
- Order of the Maunche
- Order of the Silver Crescent
- Order of the Moon (Carolingian A&S award)
- King's Cypher
- Queen's Honor of Distinction
- Baroness of the Court of Brion III and Anna III
- Order of the Silver Mantle (Combat Archery)
In case you haven't figured it out yet, she prefers she/her pronouns.
Tasha has never, to her knowledge, been part of an interkingdom incident. (This is not a challenge.)
Tasha's persona has jumped around through space and time. She started out as late-period Russian, around the time of Ivan the Terrible, but decided she didn't like the clothes and so became her own grandma many times removed, by removing herself to the 10th century. Her name is pronounced nass-tass-EE-ya (rhymes with "nice t'see ya") ee-VAH-no-va med-VED-yeh-va. (This is why she generally goes by Tasha.)
She moved ahead a bit and embraced the Mongols, adopting their dress and manner of living by wearing pants and dels and building a ger (aka yurt). While she regrets nothing of this time (and still adores the ger), she then decided she was tired of not even knowing the alphabet in which the documentation was written. Around this time, she met and married the late Vigolfr Agnarsson, who started to lead her to the Viking Age, and ended up following her at a dead run.
Tasha has fully embraced the beauty of Viking culture, firmly clinging to the idea that everything beautiful goes with everything else beautiful. She now lives in Denmark, but is eyeing land across the sea in Englaland. There may be a future there, among the Angles and the Saxons and her own people, now that her beloved husband awaits her in Valhalla.
Offices & Positions
- Former Milestone Pursuivant, Shire of Quintavia
- Former Mosaic Herald
- Lady-In-Waiting to Anna II
- Lady-In-Waiting to Anna III
- Webminister for Brion III and Anna III
- Lady-In-Waiting to Brennan III and Caoilfhionn III
- Carolingian Champion of Arts & Sciences, 2019
- Central Region Combat Archery Lieutenant
- Central Region Deputy Seneschal
- Autocrat, Les Jeux des Cheval I
- Chief Town Crier at Pennsic
Projects & Publications
- Drop-Spindling Without Dropping Your Spindle
- Period Patterning & Construction Made Easy: Tunics & Gowns for Every Body
- Early Period Seam Treatments
Built Fjord Tough Series
- Built Fjord Tough: Sewing Sturdy Seams
- A Quick and Dirty Guide to Handsewing
- Sewing Neat Necklines (and other edges)
- Norse Apron Dresses -- One Interpretation
- How To Shoot People And Get Away With It: An Intro to Combat Archery
- So You Want To Be A Combat Archer (double-sided flyer)
St. Eligius, 2017: Hedeby Apron Dress
Artifacts of a Life, 2020
Ethereal Seamstress, 2021
Laurel Challenge, 2021: "Woven Images"
In Case Of Court
Tasha has an ICOP -- ask Duchess Anna Tarragon if need be (or Mistress Pagan Graeme if Her Grace is unavailable). She would MUCH rather have a writ, thank you.
Other than a peerage, please surprise away.