photo taken by Lijsbet van Catwiic
Per pale Azure and Or, a thistle counterchanged.
|Award & Office Badges|
Baroness Mylisant [mi li SAHNT] Grey, Mistress of the Pelican has been in the SCA since 2000 and has resided that entire time in the Province of Malagentia. She has no formal feudal ties although she is good friends with many who do. She enjoys "Divers Arts" and can be seen trying her hand at everything from spinning and weaving to period cookery (especially over the fire at events) to lampwork bead-making, trichinopoly, metalworking, and even a little singing. She takes great joy in crafting period-sourced scroll texts, and has even written a song that served as a Troubador scroll. She was spotted on the field in armor years ago and has recently taken up the sword again on the Rapier field. If you're at an event and trying to locate the good lady, just listen. Her giggle can be heard a good ways off. Events at which you are likely to find her include Great Northeastern War, Birka, the Tyger and Bucket Tavern where she serves as a serving wench, and Panteria. At Pennsic you are likely to find her visiting with her friends in Folkvang or Sharc Pit or in her hammock in the Pit of Despair. A journeyman gunner in the Guild of St. Barbara, she has served the martial community by crewing and captaining "Betty" a small-scale reproduction Coehorn mortar.
Mylisant continues to enjoy being on the editorial staff of the East Kingdom Gazette and serves as a resource to that fine publication on the topic of Arts and Sciences in addition to serving as Editor-of-the-Day on a rotating schedule with the rest of the staff.
Mylisant was born and raised in what is now the Lorraine Province of modern France, but to her, she is a subject of the Holy Roman Empire living in the Duchy of Lorraine.
She was born in 1378 just a few weeks prior to the death of Emperor Charles IV. She was raised mostly by her father as her mother died in childbirth when Mylisant was two.
A widow running her own small estate, she can read in Latin as well as the local vernacular, and is familiar enough with sums and ciphers to double-check her steward's books. Her estate raises sheep which she adeptly spins into fine yarn for sale to the local weaver's guild.
Offices & Positions
- Chatelaine - Province of Malagentia (2005)
- Deputy Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences - Northern Region (2004 - 2016)
- Minister of Lists - Province of Malagentia (2010 - 2013)
- Journeyman Gunner & Gun Crew Captain - Guild of St Barbara (Pennsic 2004 - Present)
- Deputy Kingdom Minister of the Lists - Northern Region (2013 - 2017)
- Webminister to the Kingdom Minister of the Lists (2013 - 2019)
- Special Assistant Attaché to the Province of Malagentia Webminister for Special Projects (2013 - 2019)
- Minister of Fence - Province of Malagentia (2013 - 2015)
- East Kingdom Minister of the Lists (2017 - 2019)
- Gate Coordinator - Great Northeastern War XV (2001)
- Assistant A&S Coordinator - Great Northeastern War XVI (2002)
- Gate Staff - Spring's Inspirations II (2003)
- A&S Coordinator - Great Northeastern War XVIII (2004)
- Information Point Coordinator - Great Northeastern War XIX (2005)
- Back-up Deputy Autocrat - Great Northeastern War (2006)
- Royalty Liason - Great Northeastern War XXIII (2009)
- Deputy Merchant Coordinator - Great Northeastern War XXVII(2013)
Projects & Publications
- Member of the Worshipful Company of Narrowworkers