Michael Acensis at Ft. Knox Demo
|Resides: Province of Malagentia|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Gules, on a bend sinister between two Crosses Jerusalem argent three crescents gules
|Award & Office Badges|
Michael Acrensis was born the second son of a minor lord in the Kingdom of Acre. As a second son he was taught to read and write in preparation for a life in the church. This was the expectation until his elder brother died in 1287 during the fall of Lattkia. Michael was released from the minor vows he had taken and returned home. He quickly threw himself into the demands of a secular lords life.
While a passable hand with a sword, he has not excelled at martial activities, instead focusing most of his energies on furthering his families business and political interests. this was the situation for some years until in 1289 Michael Married a beautiful Italian noblewoman recently come to the city. The next year his father passed, where upon he took on his family holdings.
In the region things were deteriorating for the Latin Kingdom of Acre to a dangerous extent. leading to the eventual siege of the city. During the build up to the siege, Michael realized that the situation would soon become untenable and so took service with Henry II of Cyprus on May 6th of 1291 Henry had come to bolster the city's defences. This was a most fortuitous decision. While fighting on the walls of the city, Michael was able to see from his position the fall of the first tower; the tower of St. Anthony. That night Michael was able to move his wife so that when the Saracen forces advanced and took the Accursed tower, leaving the city undefendable, he was able to remove himself, his wife, and a few documents and possessions to safety on Henry's galleys, barely avoiding the slaughter that followed.
After a short time on Cyprus, Michael was able to bring himself and his wife to Italy. They stayed with his wife's family in Venice. Since that time Michael has been moving among the courts of Europe attempting to rebuild his family's lost fortunes and titles. He has found the courts of Europe less than impressive after the affluence and advancements of the East. Most of the titles his family held in Europe have long reverted to the the various crowns and been given away to other lords. While the documents he managed to save have brought him some success, it his been his skills as a scholar and administrator that have brought back a portion of his lost wealth and land.
Offices & Positions
- Deputy Knights Marshal, Province of Malagentia, 2/7/14 to 2015
- Knights Marshal, Province of Malagentia, 01/01/2013 to 02/7/14
- Deputy Seneschal, Province of Malagentia, 01/01/2012 to 12/31/2012
- Seneschal, Province of Malagentia, 01/01/2010 to 12/31/2011
- Knights Marshal, Province of Malagentia, 01/01/2007 to 12/31/2009
- Sargent, Wolfe's Privateers 2007 to Present
- Sargent, Wolfe's Dragoons 2005 to 2007
- Security In Charge, Great Northeastern War, 7/2016
- Marshal In Charge, Great Northeastern War, 7/2014
- Co-Autocrat, Heavy List University, 4/12/14
- Marshal In Charge, Harvest Moon, 09/2013
- Deputy Autocrat, Great North Eastern War, 07/2012
- Autocrat, Winter Revel 1/2012
- Marshal In Charge, Great North Eastern War, 07/2009
- Marshal In Charge, Great North Eastern War, 07/2008
- Security In Charge, Great North Eastern War, 07/2007
- Security In Charge, Great North Eastern War, 07/2006
- Grounds and Facilities deputy, Great North Eastern War, 07/2004
- member of choral group DiSonatas Voci
- military History
- Heavy List