Marguerite Ingen Lachlainn
Photo by Alaxandr MacLochloinn
|Award & Office Badges|
Marguerite, known to her family as Meggie, is the Eldest child of Lochlann, the Eldest Son of the Great Lachlain of Lochleven. She has a younger brother Lachlann Mac Lochlann Mec Lachlain and a half brother, Eoghan, called the Bastard. Her cousins include Sir Colin Mac Eoin, Emy, Eoin and other people who may not even know they are related yet. The Mec Lachlains are a family of border reivers living and raiding in the Scottish Lowlands. Marguerite, born in 1463, is skilled with her needle, sewing clothes for her family and the other Villagers in Lochleven. She is an accomplished story teller, poet, fencer, drinking buddy, wild mushroomer and cunning diplomat. She is a less accomplished pole arm fighter and crossbow woman. Marguerite is married to Robert Earlson.
She is the Mouthpiece of Lochleven, which means it is her job to get the Village both into and out of whatever trouble they cause. This was certainly true when the English Overlord of her village, Sir Edward Grey of Lochleven, won crown tournament fighting for her; they reigned as Edward and Marguerite, 85th Monarchs of the East.
Sometimes people claim to see Meggie dressed scandalously, dancing & playing music with Bad Raqson’e Sahra, but when pressed in public, she will deny all knowledge. She is known colloquy by the populace as "The Countess of Bad Ideas".
Alternate Persona: Megha
Chatricam Meghanta (or Megha) was born in Orissa, the former Kingdom of Kalinga, in 1530. A member of the Kondh tribe, her father became a successful pearl merchant and travelled far and wide in the course of his business. Megha got her start by bringing her father's wares into the harems of the Great King Akbar, selling the finest of pearls to his wives and daughters. This is how her father met and arranged for her to be married Ghengiz John, a member of Akbar's Court. It's now about 1570. Sulaiman Khan Karrani and his son Bayazid Khan Karrani have conquered Orissa for Akbar. Megha and Ghengiz have determined it's no longer wise to be living in Orissa and have taken the pearl business on the road.
Her name is pronounced CHAT-trick-ham meg-HAN-tah.
Megha composes and performs bhakti poetry, makes jewlery, and encourages the women of Lochleven to dress scandalously.
Ongoing Schtick and Inside Jokes
- Member of Sharc Pit
- Captain of the Handsome Boys fighting unit, when they feel like letting Marguerite command.
- Championed by Master Donovan Shinnock
- Freelance Journalist for the East Kingdom Gazette
- Co Royalty Liason, Coronation (August 2020)
- Rapier Melee Champs Coordinator & Rapier Command Staff (Pennsic 48)
- Royalty Booth Coordinator for EK 50 Year
- SCA 50th Year Celebration Coordinator (Winter 2015 - Summer 2016)
- Royal Liason to Ealdomere - Birka (Winter 2012)
- Queen of the East Kingdom (Spring 2010)
- Princess of the East Kingdom (Winter 2009 - 10)
- Deputy Head Lady in Waiting for Gryfith & Aikaterine
Poetry & Storytelling
- Portrayed King Henry in Henry V, 2020
- Acted in Zoom Hamlet, 2020
- Participant in Njial's Saga, 2017
- King's Bardic Champion 2017
- Fall 2014 Crown Tournament Poetry Project
- Finals of the 2014 Kings and Queen's Bardic Competition
- Finals of the 2013 Kings and Queen's Bardic Competition
- Marguerite's Photos of SCA events
- Marguerite lives in Camelot Cohousing
- Documentation & Project Site
- Marguerite's Words in Scrolls, Speeches and Poetry