Mat Wyck, Current Provincial Fencing Marshal, At-large Sergeant, NorthGuard Rapier Company
|Award & Office Badges|
Mat Wyck, a Fencer and Forester, at home in woods, on the water or in seedy taverns. Formerly known as Alexander Ramsay, a proud son of Endwearde, circa 1990-94. Returned to the always-interesting embrace of the SCA in late 2016 and immediately fell in with the problem children of Malagentia. Drink of choice - G&T. House of choice - Fulton, of course.
Mat Wyck was the middle son of a late 1500s minor noble in coastal England who benefited from instruction in the art of the rapier and travelled extensively as a supercargo on his father's merchant ships. He returned home to help his family keep their lands safe from increasingly bold brigands and poachers. Along the way he joined up with the fine folks of House Fulton, and is a proud member of that household.
Offices & Positions
- At-Large Sergeant, NorthGuard Rapier Company
- Provincial Fencing Marshal, Malagentia, 02/01/2018 to current date
- Acting Keeper, Forest Court of Malagentia, 12/17/2018 to current date
- Seneschal of Malagentia, 12/01/2020 to current date
- Fencing Marshal in Charge, Great Northeastern War XXXII, 07/12/2018
- Co-Founder/Autocrat, Great Malagentian Outdoor Test Kitchen, 5/4/2019
- Fencing Marshal in Charge, Great Northeastern War XXXIII, 7/11/2019
- Co-Instigator, Otzi's Paradise, 2/22-2/23/2020
Projects & Publications
In Case of Court
Ethereal Court is A-OK by me. Broadly speaking, whatever works; I'll roll with it. Should any scrolls contain some reference to my faithful hound, Plankton, I'd be grateful. And should the text of any scroll contain obscure references to Warren Zevon lyrics, I'd be tickled.
In case of other 'court' - please provide bail $$$ -- I'm good for it, I swear.
Goals: In development - Fence at every Fort in Maine; 4 down (Fort Knox, Fort Williams, Fort Preble and Fort Popham) many more to go!