Christina Jenevra de Carvalhal
Baroness Christina Jenevra de Carvalhal
|Award & Office Badges|
After years of thinking "that might be fun" our family joined the SCA in 2008. I am keen on my art of bookbinding. Please see my ongoing blog for examples of my work and research. Jenevra's Blog. I use she/her pronouns.
Mundanely known as Christine Connors. Christine's husband Matt Connors is known in the Society as Fearghus O'Conchobhair.
Portuguese. 1475 - 1535
Offices, Positions and Awards
- Librarian, Shire of Buckland Cross, 03/18/2009 to present
- Herald, Shire of Buckland Cross, May 2011 to May 2013
- Minister of Arts and Sciences, Shire of Buckland Cross, January 17, 2013 to July 2015
- Webminister, Shire of Buckland Cross, 2013 to present
- Chatelaine, Shire of Buckland Cross, July 2015 to 2019
- Deputy Seneschal, Shire of Buckland Cross, April 2017 to present
- Mistress, East Kingdom Worshipful Company of Stationers, January 2020 to present
- Travel Coordinator, Royal Household of Luis and Margarita
- Chief of Staff and Webminister, Royal Household of Ivan and Matilde, May 2017 to April 2018
- Royal Favor Coordinator, Omega and Etheldreda
- Warranted Webminister-at-Large
- East Kingdom Deputy Webminister, Design, 2017 - 2019
- AoA, January 15, 2011
- Order of the Maunche, River War IV, September 6, AS 48 (2013)
- Court Barony, Southern Region War Camp, AS 50 (2015)
- Writ, Order of the Laurel, Birka, AS LII
- Company of the Pennon of the East, Gulf Wars XXVII (2018), AS LII
- Order of the Silver Crescent, Mudthaw - Nowruz Comes to the Swamp, March 24, 2018, AS LII
- King's Cypher, Tsar Ivan, Last Court, April 7, 2018, AS LII
- Companion of the Order of the Laurel, East Kingdom 50 Year Celebration
- Graduated Apprentice and Protegé of Master Iheronimus Brückner
- Students Laird Malys MacGregor, Baroness Beatrice de Warynton
Event Staff & Teaching
- Event Steward, Production Manager, Performer, Beowulf the Ethereal Event, 2020
- Assistant Director and Performer, Njal's Saga, 2017 (Aethelmearc)
- Event Steward, Artisan's Village, 2017-2019
- Paper and Scribal Arts Village Coordinator, Bookbinding Teacher, Artisan's Village, 2015-2016
- Teacher, Bookbinding, Artisan's Village at Mudthaw, 2016
- Teacher, Girdle Bookbinding and Medieval Bookmarks, Pennsic, 2016 & 2017
- Autocrat, Mad Medieval Science Fair, 10/13, 11/14
- Deputy Autocrat, Mad Medieval Science Fair, 11/12
- Teacher, Coptic Bookbinding, Shire of Buckland Cross A&S Night and East Kingdom University Collegium, 2012
- Autocrat, Wrightstown Renaissance Faire Demo, 2011-2012
- Teacher, Bookbinding and Medieval Distillation and Use of Essential Oils, Wrightstown Renaissance Faire, 09/11
- Teacher, Children's Papermaking and Bookbinding, Crown Tourney, 5/11
- Teacher, Medieval Distillation and Use of Essential Oils, Wrightstown Renaissance Faire, 09/10
- Teaching Assistant, Glass Bead Making, Wrightstown Renaissance Faire, 09/10
- Teaching Assistant, Glass Bead Making, Wrightstown Renaissance Faire, 09/09
Projects & Publications
- My favorite books to bind are in the mudejar style. Early attempts can be seen at right Alethea's Vigil Book.
- Blank bound books (for Vigils) for Mistresses Althea, Honig, Sabine, Auriana, Heather, Katheryn and Masters Rowen and Nicholas, Sir Rory and Sir Ivan .
- SCA Swaps - Vade Mecum, Girdle, and Suede bound books.
- Paper and pasteboard making.
- Digitized a book & materials repair manual I wrote in graduate school.
- Award scrolls, Maunche, Silver Crescent and Pelican, in a variety of forms: gameboard, letterpressed text and carved wood blocks.
I have recorded some of my work at Christine's Compendium.
Jenevra, as she prefers to be called, is happy to teach the following classes:
- Essential Oils
- Lucet Basics
- The Organization of Knowledge in Period
- Schola in the Shire - From Scribe to Binding
Court Will / In Case of Peerage
- My husband Fearghus O'Conchobhair has my ICOP letter. As to Court, I don't mind being surprised but it's really hard to do that. I pick up on people's behaviors and then start guessing.
- I LOVE the scrolls I have been gifted - so grateful to the artists! I would just a little bit like one with some goldwork on it - the styles I have are in other traditions.
Some of these are likely outdated - I promise to clean them up!