Marieta receiving her AoA
Azure, a leaf Or and in base two mice sejant erect respectant argent, a bordure Or
|Award & Office Badges|
First active in the UNH fencing community in 1999, but soon realized that she lacked basic coordination, let alone skill, became inactive from 2000-2004. First event Birka 2005. Quietly participated for the next 8 years or so, peripherally involved with Clann O'Choda, House Stonewatch, and Lochleven until she became an actual member of Darostur in 2016.
She joined The Worshipful Company of Their Majesties’ Underwear in 2014 and accidentally let slip that she knows how to draw and design. She has designed a number of garments for King Edward and Queen Thyra and has been tirelessly working to ensure that they are properly clothed. Her embroidery and narrow work has appeared on their garments. She also enjoyed spending most of their second reign retaining for them at various events throughout the known world, and periodically being a court assistant when needed.
She teaches classes on introduction to embroidery, creating a middle class Elizabethan outfit, and designing group projects. She became an apprentice to Master Xandra Rozina Xiberras Galea (Rozi) at Gulf Wars in 2015.
Interests include: (in no particular order) Sewing, Free Embroidery, Casting, Carving, Brewing, Cooking, Pickling, Preserving food, Archery, Scribal Arts, Mice, Chickens, Cats and Enabling.
She has two competing visions, along with a tendency towards wearing whatever is comfortable in the current conditions.
French 13th century from the Languedoc region.
1590s Textile worker from Leiden Holland.
- Award of Arms (4/19/2014)
- Athena's Thimble Guild Mistresses token of appreciation (2/21/2015)
- Company of the Pennon of the East (3/19/2015)
- Queen's Cypher (4/11/2015)
- Court Barony (12/5/2015)
- Arts & Science Defender of Quintavia (8/26/2017)
Ranked as a Craftsman in The Keepers of Athena's Thimble as of January 16th, 2016
- Free Embroidery
- Counted Embroidery
- Padded Work
- Couching & Laid-work
- Canvas work
Has the stated intention of growing the queen's favor embroidery army, which if you talk to her for more than a few minutes, you may end up with a kit and some instruction on how to complete it.
Generally does 6-8 scrolls a year for the kingdom, mostly of the silver variety, pictures below in the blog.
- Autocrat - Embroidery Schola 2017
- Deputy Arts and Science Minister for the Shire of Quintavia
Projects & Publications
- Was involved with the flamingo dress for Thyra II
- And making the royal gifts for Pennsic 43
- And made tokens for Thyra II (along with the hedgehogs for the guard tokens)
- Spearheaded the giant full circle cloak of doom for Thyra II
- Spearheaded the rose capelet for Queen Caoilfhionn II