Mari Clock van Hoorne
photo by Duchess Caoilfhionn
Device: Per pale azure and gules, a coronet within an orle of dice Or
Badge: (Fieldless) A domestic cat rampant contourney sable
|Award & Office Badges|
- Pronouns: she/her/hers
- Barones Mari Clock van Hoorne lives in the Amsterdam area of Netherlands, around the year 1575 during the Dutch Revolt.
- Baronessa Marietta da Firenze is from Florence, Italy but living in Amsterdam around 1375.
- Hersiskona Marína Sviðbalki lives in Greenland around the year 1075.
- Baron Godric Gameday owns and runs the Gameday Taverne, in Dover, on the coast of England, about the year 1325.
Sometimes at events you may find Mari working at Troll. She likes being a Troll. She also enjoys list running if there is a tournament happening, and loves serving feasts. Having a strong love of games, be it card games, board games, or lawn games, Mari has created the "Household" Gameday Taverne. The general purpose of Gameday Taverne is to (hopefully) schedule and arrange Servers for feasts at local events... and of course, play games!
These days you can sometimes find Mari helping out in the kitchen because her son Siege seems to enjoy them, and it is important to support the children in their endeavors. While in the kitchen, personal preference is for washing dishes over doing anything with the food.
- Loop Manipulation Braiding (fingerloop) -- always willing to teach basic braids and always interested in aiding experienced braiders with new braids
- Embroidery -- always willing to teach, some forms more comfortable than others
- Pottery -- brand new art form but LOVE it -- currently trying to learn all the things from super awesome people
- Lace -- Not yet knowledgeable enough to teach, but hope to be soon
- Garment Construction -- I have knowledge to share, but I don't often put that knowledge to use
- Calligraphy and Illumination
- Glass Beads
- Inkle and Tablet Weaving
- Guild Mistress for the Worshipful Company of Narrowworkers
- Craftsman in Athena's Thimble having achieved Competency in Applique, Freework, Lacis, Counted Thread, Openwork, and Smocking and Working Knowledge in Padded Work, Needlelace, and Canvas. Currently pursuing Senior Member status to enable more frequent panels.
- Apprentice in Arachne's Web Lace Guild
Current Offices & Positions
- Southern Region Minister of Arts & Sciences
- Northern Region Deputy Minister of Lists
- Shepherd's Crook Herald Clerk of Precedence
- Chancellor Minor at Large
- Scheduler and one of the daily editors for the East Kingdom Gazette 
- Active Archery Marshal running practices occasional Sunday mornings in Shire of Caer Adamant
- Head Troll for Benedicta Vita Arma blessed the life in harness September 2019
- Autocrat for Winter Nights and Bardic Banshee October 2019
- Autocrat for Yule XLI and Baronial Investiture in Barony Bhakail, December 2019)
- Feast Serving Coordinator for any event that will have Gameday Taverne do so (next up: Yule XLI and Baronial Investiture in Barony Bhakail, December 2019)
Past Offices & Positions Held
- Deputy East Kingdom Seneschal
- Kingdom Clerk of Laws (a Deputy to East Kingdom Seneschal)
- Branch Polling Clerk (a Deputy to East Kingdom Seneschal)
- Deputy to Southern Region Seneschal
- Deputy East Kingdom Chatelaine
- Webminister for the East Kingdom Exchequer, East Kingdom Signet, and East Kingdom Chatelaine
- Past local offices held for the Shire of Caer Adamant: Seneschal, Exchequer, Herald, Chatelaine, Chronicler, Minister of Arts & Sciences, and Webminister
- Court Scheduler for the reign of Omega and Etheldreda
- Head Retainer for the reign of Ivan and Matilde
- Baronial Signet for Rowen and Suba, Baron and Baroness Bhakail
- Baronial Signet for Rowen, Baron Bhakail
- Feast Serving Coordinator for Bhakail Yule
- Autocrat or Head Troll for various Shire of Caer Adamant events, if not acting in one of those roles usually is there for set up and general during the day assistance.
Additional Information / Contact
- Pronounces name mare-ee klok van horn
- Enjoys the more anachronistic parts of the society, to include terms like Autocrat and Head Troll.
- Other favorite anachronisms include wearing comfortable, warm, waterproof boots with a nice, warm wool dress.
- Has been recognized with various honors, including, but not limited to, Queen's Cypher, Artisan to the Crown, Clothier to the Crown, and Awards of Esteem.
- Need to reach me? Send an Email or connect with me through Facebook.
- If needed for any Court appearances, please contact my partner, Jarl Thorson, my Pelican, Mistress Catrin, or almost any other Shire mate in Caer Adamant, for arrangements.
- If receiving an award document, a note to the Scribe assigned: Please to do whatever style you are most comfortable with. Encouraged to decorate with cats, games (card, board, or yard types), people playing games, but also have fun with skeletons, skulls, demons, and Hellmouths. If you really want to recreate extremely religious iconography, please do! I will love it all.