Mari Clock van Hoorne
photo by Duchess Caoilfhionn
Device: Per pale azure and gules, a coronet within an orle of dice Or
Badge: (Fieldless) A domestic cat rampant contourney sable
|Award & Office Badges|
Marína Sviðbalki lives in Greenland around the year 1075. Marietta da Firenze is a lady from Florence, Italy living in Amsterdam around 1375. Mari Clock van Hoorne lives in the Amsterdam area of Netherlands, around the year 1575 during the Dutch Revolt.
Sometimes at events you may find Mari working at Troll. She likes being a Troll. She also enjoys list running if there is a tournament happening, and loves serving feasts. Having a strong love of games, be it card games, board games, or lawn games, Mari has created the "Household" Gameday Taverne. The general purpose of Gameday Taverne is to (hopefully) schedule and arrange Servers for feasts at local events... and of course, play games!
These days you can sometimes find Mari helping out in the kitchen because her son Siege seems to enjoy them, and it is important to support the children in their endeavors.
Current Offices & Positions
- Guild Mistress for the Worshipful Company of Narrowworkers
- Deputy East Kingdom Chatelaine
- East Kingdom Chatelaine Webminister
- East Kingdom Signet Webminister
- Northern Region Deputy Minister of Lists
- Southern Region Minister of Arts & Sciences
- Mosaic Herald - internal notifications heraldic deputy pending transfer
- Deputy Shire of Caer Adamant Minister of Arts & Sciences
- Baronial Signet for Rowen, Baron Bhakail
- Scheduler and one of the daily editors for the East Kingdom Gazette 
- Feast Serving Coordinator for any event that will have Gameday Taverne do so (nothing pending)
- Active Archery Marshal running practices occasional Sunday mornings in Shire of Caer Adamant
- Autocrat for Hunter's Picnic May 2019
- Autocrat for Bardic Banshee October 2019
- Loop Manipulation Braids (fingerloop)
- Garment Construction
- Glass Beads
- Calligraphy and Illumination
- Inkle and Tablet Weaving
Past Offices & Positions Held
- Deputy East Kingdom Seneschal
- Kingdom Clerk of Laws (a Deputy to East Kingdom Seneschal)
- Branch Polling Clerk (a Deputy to East Kingdom Seneschal)
- East Kingdom Exchequer Webminister
- Deputy to Southern Region Seneschal
- Past local offices held for the Shire of Caer Adamant: Seneschal, Exchequer, Herald, Chatelaine, Chronicler, Minister of Arts & Sciences, and Webminister
- Head Troll for various Shire of Caer Adamant events (favorite job next to serving feasts)
- Court Scheduler for the reign of Omega and Etheldreda
- Head Retainer for the reign of Ivan and Matilde
- Baronial Signet for Rowen and Suba, Baron and Baroness Bhakail
- Autocrat for Hunter's Picnic May 2018
- Autocrat for Banshee Bardic, October 2018 though most of the work was done by Lady Motte Nachfalter because she is the absolute best
- Feast Serving Coordinator for Bhakail Yule
- Autocrat for Fimbulwinter, March 2019
- Journeyman in Athena's Thimble having achieved Competency in Freework, Counted Thread, Openwork, and Smocking and Working Knowledge in Padded Work, Needlelace, and Applique
- Apprentice in Arachne's Web Lace Guild
- Member of Serpentius
- Protege of Master Rupert the Unbalanced
Additional Information / Contact
- Pronouns: she/her/hers
- Pronounces name mare-ee klok van horn
- Enjoys the more anachronistic parts of the society, to include terms like Autocrat, Feastocrat, and Head Troll.
- Other favorite anachronisms include wearing comfortable, warm, waterproof boots with a nice, warm wool dress.
- Has been recognized with various honors, including, but not limited to, Queen Cypher, Artisan to the Crown, Clothier to the Crown, and Awards of Esteem.
- Images and information on various art projects can be found here.
- Need to reach me? Send me an Email or reach me through Facebook.
- If needed for any Court appearances, please contact my partner Jarl Thorson, or any other Shiremate in Caer Adamant, for arrangements.
- If receiving an award document, a note to the Scribe assigned: Please to do whatever style you are most comfortable with.