Mari Clock van Hoorne
photo by Duchess Caoilfhionn
Device: Per pale azure and gules, a coronet within an orle of dice Or
Pending new badge: (Fieldless) A domestic cat rampant contourney sable
|Award & Office Badges|
Mari Clock van Hoorne is a 16th-century Dutch girl that likes to play pretend and dress Norse and wants to use the name of Marína Sviðbalki.
She is rarely to be found doing anything useful at events, as Mari believes that events are for socializing (or shopping, if available), and therefore greatly appreciates those that make events happen.
At local events, sometimes Mari can be found at Troll, because that is one of the few places she doesn't mind working (because one can easily socialize at Troll). Lately, you can sometimes find Mari in the kitchen, not because she likes being there, mind you, but her son seems to enjoy it, and hey, support the kids, right?
Current Offices & Positions
- Head Retainer for Prince Ivan and Princess Matilde
- Deputy Kingdom Chatelaine
- East Kingdom Chatelaine Webminister
- East Kingdom Signet Webminister
- East Kingdom Exchequer Webminister
- Shire of Caer Adamant Webminister
- Deputy Shire of Caer Adamant Minister of Arts & Sciences
- Baronial Signet for Rowen and Suba, Baron and Baroness Bhakail
- Archery Marshal
- One of the daily editors for the East Kingdom Gazette 
- Active East Kingdom Scribe 
Other Activities and Projects
- Calligraphy (intermediate) and Illumination (novice)
- Rapier (authorized July AS 51)
- Embroidery (intermediate skill, poor documentation)
- Garment Construction (intermediate skill, little patience for proper and period techniques)
- Glass Bead making (brand new novice)
- Archery (Marksman ranking, when active with shooting)
- Herald (novice)
- Member of Serpentius
- Protege of Master Rupert the Unbalanced
- Enjoys the more anachronistic parts of the society, to include terms like Autocrat, Feastocrat, and Head Troll.
- Favorite anachronisms include wearing comfortable, warm, waterproof boots with a nice and warm wool dress.
Past Offices & Positions Held
- Deputy Kingdom Seneschal
- Kingdom Clerk of Laws (a Deputy to Kingdom Seneschal)
- Branch Polling Clerk (a Deputy to Kingdom Seneschal)
- Deputy to Southern Region Seneschal
- Local offices held for the Shire of Caer Adamant: Exchequer, Herald, Seneschal, Chronicler, Chatelaine, and Webminister
- Court Scheduler for the reign of Omega and Etheldreda