Mari Clock van Hoorne
photo by Duchess Caoilfhionn
Device: Per pale azure and gules, a coronet within an orle of dice Or
Badge: (Fieldless) A domestic cat rampant contourney sable
|Award & Office Badges|
Mari Clock van Hoorne is a 16th-century Dutch girl that frequently dresses in Norse style. As a result, Mari has an alternate persona name of Marína Sviðbalki. In addition, since Marietta is her real first name, she retained Marietta da Firenze as an alternate name as well. Oh, yeah, in case you didn't know, 14th Century is still awesome.
Sometimes at events you may find Mari working at Troll. She likes being a Troll. She also enjoys list running if there is a tournament happening, and loves serving feasts. In addition, having a strong love of games, be it card games, board games, or lawn games, Mari has recently begun the process of registering the Household name of Gameday Taverne (link to its own page will follow once the process through submission is complete). The general purpose of Gameday Taverne is to (hopefully) schedule and arrange Servers for feasts at local events... and play games.
These days you can sometimes find Mari helping out in the kitchen because her son Siege seems to enjoy them, and it is important to support the children in their endeavors.
Current Offices & Positions
- Deputy East Kingdom Chatelaine
- East Kingdom Chatelaine Webminister
- East Kingdom Signet Webminister
- East Kingdom Exchequer Webminister
- Shire of Caer Adamant Minister of Arts & Sciences
- Baronial Signet for Rowen, Baron Bhakail
- Archery Marshal
- One of the daily editors for the East Kingdom Gazette 
- Autocrat for Fimbulwinter, March 2019
- Feast Serving Coordinator for any event that will have us (upcoming Fimbulwinter)
- Embroidery (intermediate skill, working on better documentation)
- Cords (advanced--various styles--fingerloop, lucet, viking whip cording)
- Inkle Weaving (novice)
- Tablet Weaving (novice)
- Lace Making (novice)
- Garment Construction (intermediate skill, little patience for proper and period techniques)
- Glass Bead making (novice)
- Metal Working (novice)
- Calligraphy (intermediate)
- Illumination (novice)
Past Offices & Positions Held
- Deputy East Kingdom Seneschal
- Kingdom Clerk of Laws (a Deputy to East Kingdom Seneschal)
- Branch Polling Clerk (a Deputy to East Kingdom Seneschal)
- Deputy to Southern Region Seneschal
- Past local offices held for the Shire of Caer Adamant: Exchequer, Herald, Seneschal, Chronicler, Chatelaine, and Webminister
- Head Troll for various Shire of Caer Adamant events (favorite job next to serving feasts)
- Feast Service Coordinator for any event that allows her to do it
- Court Scheduler for the reign of Omega and Etheldreda
- Head Retainer for the reign of Ivan and Matilde
- Baronial Signet for Rowen and Suba, Baron and Baroness Bhakail
- Autocrat for Hunter's Picnic May 2018
- Autocrat for Banshee Bardic, October 2018 though most of the work was done by Lady Motte Nachfalter because she is the absolute best
- Feast Serving Coordinator for Bhakail Yule
- Journeyman in Athena's Thimble having achieved Competency in Freework, Counted Thread, Openwork, and Smocking and Working Knowledge in Padded Work
- Member of the Worshipful Company of Narrowworkers
- Apprentice in Arachne's Web Lace Guild
- Member of Serpentius
- Protege of Master Rupert the Unbalanced
- Enjoys the more anachronistic parts of the society, to include terms like Autocrat, Feastocrat, and Head Troll.
- Other favorite anachronisms include wearing comfortable, warm, waterproof boots with a nice, warm wool dress.
- Has been recognized with various honors, including, but not limited to, Queen Cypher, Artisan to the Crown, Clothier to the Crown, and Awards of Esteem.
- Images and information on various art forms can be found here.