Mari Clock van Hoorne
photo by Duchess Caoilfhionn
Device: Per pale azure and gules, a coronet within an orle of dice Or
Badge: (Fieldless) A domestic cat rampant contourney sable
|Award & Office Badges|
Marína Sviðbalki lives in Greenland around the year 1075. Marietta da Firenze is a lady from Florence, Italy living in Amsterdam around 1375. Mari Clock van Hoorne lives in the Amsterdam area of Netherlands, around the year 1575 during the Dutch Revolt.
Sometimes at events you may find Mari working at Troll. She likes being a Troll. She also enjoys list running if there is a tournament happening, and loves serving feasts. In addition, having a strong love of games, be it card games, board games, or lawn games, Mari has recently begun the process of registering the Household name of Gameday Taverne (link to its own page will follow once the process through submission is complete). The general purpose of Gameday Taverne is to (hopefully) schedule and arrange Servers for feasts at local events... and play games.
These days you can sometimes find Mari helping out in the kitchen because her son Siege seems to enjoy them, and it is important to support the children in their endeavors.
Current Offices & Positions
- Deputy East Kingdom Chatelaine
- East Kingdom Chatelaine Webminister
- East Kingdom Signet Webminister
- East Kingdom Exchequer Webminister
- Shire of Caer Adamant Minister of Arts & Sciences
- Baronial Signet for Rowen, Baron Bhakail
- Archery Marshal
- One of the daily editors for the East Kingdom Gazette 
- Autocrat for Fimbulwinter, March 2019
- Feast Serving Coordinator for any event that will have us (upcoming Fimbulwinter)
- Autocrat for Hunter's Picnic May 2019
- Autocrat for Bardic Banshee October 2019
- Embroidery (advanced skill, working on better documentation)
- Cords (advanced--various styles--fingerloop, lucet, viking whip cording)
- Lace Making (novice)
- Garment Construction (intermediate skill, working to improve techniques)
- Glass Bead making (novice)
- Calligraphy (intermediate)
- Illumination (novice)
- Pottery (novice)
- Inkle Weaving (novice)
- Tablet Weaving (novice)
Past Offices & Positions Held
- Deputy East Kingdom Seneschal
- Kingdom Clerk of Laws (a Deputy to East Kingdom Seneschal)
- Branch Polling Clerk (a Deputy to East Kingdom Seneschal)
- Deputy to Southern Region Seneschal
- Past local offices held for the Shire of Caer Adamant: Exchequer, Herald, Seneschal, Chronicler, Chatelaine, and Webminister
- Head Troll for various Shire of Caer Adamant events (favorite job next to serving feasts)
- Feast Service Coordinator for any event that allows her to do it
- Court Scheduler for the reign of Omega and Etheldreda
- Head Retainer for the reign of Ivan and Matilde
- Baronial Signet for Rowen and Suba, Baron and Baroness Bhakail
- Autocrat for Hunter's Picnic May 2018
- Autocrat for Banshee Bardic, October 2018 though most of the work was done by Lady Motte Nachfalter because she is the absolute best
- Feast Serving Coordinator for Bhakail Yule
- Journeyman in Athena's Thimble having achieved Competency in Freework, Counted Thread, Openwork, and Smocking and Working Knowledge in Padded Work, Needlelace, and Applique
- Member of the Worshipful Company of Narrowworkers
- Apprentice in Arachne's Web Lace Guild
- Member of Serpentius
- Protege of Master Rupert the Unbalanced
Additional Information / Contact
- Enjoys the more anachronistic parts of the society, to include terms like Autocrat, Feastocrat, and Head Troll.
- Other favorite anachronisms include wearing comfortable, warm, waterproof boots with a nice, warm wool dress.
- Has been recognized with various honors, including, but not limited to, Queen Cypher, Artisan to the Crown, Clothier to the Crown, and Awards of Esteem.
- Images and information on various art projects can be found here.
- Need to reach me? Send me an Email or reach me through Facebook.
- If needed for any Court appearances, please contact my partner Jarl Thorson, or any other Shire mate, for arrangements.
- If receiving an award document, to the Scribe assigned: Please to do whatever style you are most comfortable with.