|Province of Malagentia|
Purpure, a moon in her complement within a laurel wreath argent
|Founded: December 1981|
|Location: Southern Maine|
Meaning: "The Land of the Bad People". According to Maine Public Broadcasting's timeline of Maine history, in 1524, Giovanni da Verrazzano explored the coast of Maine and wrote of his travels to his sponsor, the King of France. While he encountered very friendly natives near Rhode Island, Maine's natives were less welcoming. They greeted Verrazzano's men from the height of a cliff, and refused to approach the shore. They would only trade by lowering items on a rope. When they were finished trading, Verrazzano writes that they "showed their buttocks and laughed immoderately--" in other words, they mooned the Europeans. For this, Maine earned the title terra onde la mala gente, or "the land of the bad people." Thus, both the name Malagentia and the heraldry of "a moon in her complement" are a reference to this piece of history.
Established: October 15, 1981
Branch Name and Device Registered: May, 1983
Blazon: Purpure, a moon in her complement within a laurel wreath argent
- First Shield of Malagentia - The title given to the winner of the Province Champion Heavy List Tournament. They are given a Malagentian artifact shield to bear for the next year.
- The Heart of Malagentia - A Malagentian artifact axe carried by the winner of the annual Province Thrown Weapons Championship.
- The Horn of the Harvest Moon - A Malagentian artifact hunting horn carried by the winner of the annual Province Archery Championship.
Newsletter: The Moonstone
Fighting Unit(s): Woolfe's Dragoons Rapier Company
The people of Malagentia refer to themselves as Malagentians. The region was once populated with the clan Veassllurd, but Vesassllurd sightings are extremely rare in Malagentia these days.
Other known clans and households common to Malagentia are
- Thunder Clan
- House Aranmore
- Haus Wanderstamm
- Clan Blackheart
- Fulton House
- Gretehed Holde
- Mac Farlin
- House of the Thirteen Oaks
- Socios Sacrorum Tygris
- Tyger and Bucket Tavern - Spring and Fall
- Great Northeastern War (Commonly called GNE or GNEW) - July
- Harvest Moon Shoot - September
Territories of Malagentia
Former Territories of Malagentia
- Incipient Shire of Hadchester