See Template_talk:Populace for full suggested contents.
Vert, a winged dog couchant wings addorsed and on a chief argent three weaving tablets vert
|Award & Office Badges|
Lady Mairghread (Molly) Huntley attended her first SCA event in the Florida Keys in 1996 after overhearing "You mean the King and Queen are actually going to make it?!" That piqued her interest and opened her to a vibrant old world. As interested as she was, it took a number of years of life getting in the way before a group of close friends, most of which she'd known since middle school, dragged her to the Great Northeastern War (A.S. XXXIV). For a number of years, GNEW was her only event, that is until she and Aloysius Sartore came together (A.S. XLIII), and they turned their hobby into something much more. Mairghread has since discovered shooting the crossbow and tablet weaving. You might not recognize her face, as many only see the top of her head as she weaves, but she's always accompanied by her Service Dragon who is known far and wide.
Mairghread earned the Order of the Silver Brooch at GNEW 30 for her tablet weaving.
- Member of House Knotty Snake 2010-Present
- Member of Thunder 2017-Present
- Creator and head of House Mairghread's Little Lambs 2018-present
- Member of the Worshipful Company of Narrowworkers
- Apprentice to Anne Meckil von Salm
Offices & Positions
- Chronicler, Riding of RavensBridge, Malagentia, East Kingdom, 9/16/14 - 11/16/17
- Deputy Exchequer, Riding of RavensBridge, Malagentia, East Kingdom, 11/16/17 - 1/17/19
- Exchequer, Riding of RavensBridge, Malagentia, East Kingdom, 1/17/19
Event Staff & Demos
- Huggin & Munnin A&S Display & Competition Coordinator 2016 & 2018
- Fort Knox Demo 2014-18
- Machias Demo 2017
- Great Falls Balloon Demo 2016 & 2018
- Ravensbridge Yule A&S Display & Competition Coordinator 2018
- Great Northeastern War 33 - Merchant Coordinator
- Great Northeastern War 34 - A&S Display & Competition Coordinator
- Basic Tablet Weaving, Panteria, 2016
- Bring Out Your Looms!, Great Northeastern War 7/9/16
- History of Tablet Weaving, Barony of Endewearde Schola 5/13/17
- History of Tablet Weaving (revised), The Hunt (Endewearde) 10/7/18
- History of Tablet Weaving, Autumn Inspirations 10/20/18
- Double-Faced Tablet Weaving, Ravensbridge A&S 12/22/18
- History of Tablet Weaving, Great Northeastern War 30-32
- Narroworker's Guild Meeting, Great Northeastern War 31-33
Interests and pursuits include:
- Tablet Weaving - Working my way through each technique. Focusing on monochromatic twist-twined weaving, double-faced, 3/1 twill, and brocade techniques.
- Knitting - Mickel inspired me to retry knitting after 30+ years and I love it. Everything turns into a hat, so I'm working on medieval hats!
- Spinning - I'm trying each and every fiber I can get my hands on - wool, alpaca, flax, nettle, hemp, cotton, bamboo, kapok, corn, dog, human, etc.
- Embroidery - Starting with blackwork, or, single color work, dark blue on pink linen.
- Archery - Specifically crossbow!