Difference between revisions of "Magdalena Lantfarerin"
(→In Case of Court)
(→In Case of Court)
Latest revision as of 11:50, 30 May 2020
Magdalena Lantfarerin, known as Magdalena the Migrant
|Award & Office Badges|
I am Lady Magdalena Lantfarerin, known as Magdalena the Migrant, and am an active memeber with the Shire of Caer Adamant since 2003. I occupy myself with endeavors in illumination, book binding, drumming, belly dancing and really any other projects that spark an interest. While I do not have a defined persona (my name is decidedly german), recently I have primarily been dabbling in Ottoman, Persian and Indian cultures (roughly 15th cent usually).
Images of my scribal works can be found online at my portfolio
Areas of Study
- Pottery - Salt Glaze firing
- Painting - making period paints and pigments
- Bookbinding - coptic and belgian style bindings
- Middle Eastern culture - dance and turkish coffee
- Scribal Arts - Calligraphy and Illumination
Offices & Positions
- Chatelaine, Shire of Caer Adamant, 12/2007 to 2/2012
- Teacher, Schola in the Shire, February 2016
- Hospitality for local events
- Kitchen help, 100 Minutes War 2010
- Teacher, and clean up, MacLeod's Tavern 2011
- Demo coordinator, Dover Days (annual event) 2008 to 2011, and other local demos during my tenure as Chatelaine
Honors and Awards
- Award of Arms, 9/09
- Lady of the Order of the Fish, Baron Cosmo de Signorelli's "favor"
- Order of the Silver Brooch, Pennsic 46
- Order of the Beacon of Carillion, Pennsic 48
- Domus Feminarum Redicularum
- Apprentice to Mistress Kay Leigh Mac Whyte for Illumination
In Case of Court
Please contact my Laurel, Mistress Kay Leigh Mac Whyte, if I am to be called into court for an award. She knows where to reach my father and other SCA friends.
Should there be any desire to call me in to court during this time of pandemic, please wait until we are able to gather again in person within about 100 miles of Wilmington DE.