Islah bint Abbas ibn Habib ibn Hasan
Baroness Luned Gwyn
Azure, an elephant statant proper maintaining a tower on its back argent and in chief a crescent pendant Or.
Azure, a leaf within an orle of roundels argent.
|Award & Office Badges|
Baroness Islah bint Abbas ibn Habib ibn Hasan. Attended her first event, Quest, in 2000. After a few more events and Pennsic 33, became active in the SCA with the Canton of the Keep by the Endless Sea in the Barony of Carillion in 2004.
Islah bint Abbas ibn Habib ibn Hasan
إصلاح بنت عباس ابن حبيب ابن حسن
Meaning: To make better, lion beloved to be good/beautiful.
10th Century Seljuk/Seljuq Turkish
Luned Gwyn "Lunaria"
12th century Welsh born Romnichal "British Traveler".
Offices & Positions
- Exchequer, Canton of Keep by the Endless Sea, Nov 2006 - June 2008
- Seneschal, Barony of Carillion, June 2008 - Sept 2010
- Deputy Seneschal, Southern Region, Nov 2010 - Jan 2015
- 7th Baroness of Carillion, Jan 2015 - June 2019
- Editor, East Kingdom Gazette, Oct 2017 - Present
- Seneschal, Barony of Carillion, June 2019 - Present
- Gate Steward & Reservations Clerk, Ghost, Ghouls, & Goblins, Oct 2019
- Kitchen Staff at many Carillion events:
Bellringers '09,'10,'11,'13,'14; Ghost, Ghouls & Goblins '09,'10,'12,'14; SR War Camp '13,'14
- Head Server: Ghost Ghouls & Goblins '09; SR War Camp '13
- Mistress of the Hall, Coronation in Settmour Swamp (RP), Oct 2011
- Gate Steward & Reservations Clerk, Ghost, Ghouls & Goblins, Oct 2011
- Kitchen Staff & Feast Expeditor, Yule in Bhakail (RP), Dec 2011
- Co-Event Steward, K&Q Bardic Champions/12th Night/Bellringers (RP), Jan 2012
- Event Steward, Icefalcon's Ducal Challenge, April 2012
- Head Server, Runnymede Dinner (hosted by Carillion), Pennsic XLI, Aug 2012
- Gate Steward & Reservations Clerk, Coronation of Gregor IV and Kiena II, April 2013
- Kitchen Staff for Queen's Tea, Pennsic 2013
- Gate Steward & Reservations Clerk, Ghost, Ghouls & Goblins, Oct 2013
- Co-Feast Steward, Coronation of Brennan and Caoilfhionn, April 2014
- Kitchen Staff for State Dinner, Pennsic 2014
- Kitchen Staff, 100 Minutes War, Nov 2015
- Security & Parking Staff and Troll Volunteer, EK 50, June/July 2018
- Decor for State Dinner, Pennsic 2018
- Pennsic Volunteer: DART (4yrs), Disability Services (2yrs), Troll (1yr), Watch Cart Patrol (10yrs), Watch Desk Clerk (1yr), Watch Radio (5yrs).
- Deputy, Disability Services, Pennsic 38
- Deputy, Middle Eastern, Pennsic 41
- Department Head, Middle Eastern, Pennsic 42,43,44
- Point Commander, Watch, Pennsic 43,44,46,47
- Department Head, Volunteer Point, Pennsic 45,46
- Staff, Tech Services, Pennsic 45,46,47
- Deputy XO, Pennsic Watch, Pennsic 46
- Co-Deputy Mayor, Information Services, Pennsic 48
- Her Highness Honig, Winter 2016
- Her Majesty Honig, Summer Reign 2017
- 2009: Saxon Tunic
- 2010: Dress for Her Excellency & Arab outfit.
- 2011: Several Arab outfits
- 2012: Mongolian coat & undershirt
- 2014: Tunics, dresses, & surcoats. 2 Tunics for Investiture.
- 2015: Several Arab outfits and several Norse outfits. Several Indian Salwar sets for 2 children & Queen Elizabeth dress for child. Arab coat.
- 2016: Fighting tunic & pants for Fall Crown. Rus pants for Brennan & Caoilfhionn's Ducal Challenge. Carpathia Tabard. 2 dresses, chemise, & 2 matching bags for gentles first event. Saxon tunic and 2 Arab coats with undershirt.
- 2017: Carpathia Tabard. 3 Leines & 3 brats. "Combat" Leine. Linen Gambeson. 2 tunicas & Egyptian dress for Coronation. Doublet for Spring Crown. Overdress for Elevation. Norse dress, apron, and coat for Elevation. Turkish outfits for TRM. 4 Norse Tunics, 3 T tunics, 1 Leine, 6 outfits & 2 coats for children, and Turkish outfit for Pennsic.
- 2018: 2 Rus pants & undertunic for TRM, 2 Carpathia Tabards. Gambeson. 2 Hospitaler Tunics, 4 Carpathia Favors, Turkish Fencing Coat for Pennsic. TRM Turkish Garb for State Dinner. 3 House Carpathia Tunics, 3 undertunics, & cotehardie for Coronation.
- 2019: Party Colored Cotehardie, Hood, & Undershirt. Norse Tunic. 3 Tunics and hood.
Projects & Classes
- Illuminated miniatures for Pennsic largess, 2008
- Applique & Embroidered Baronial Champions Baldrics, 10/2016
- Painted Officer medallions for Baronial Officers, 2/2019
- Baronial Officer favors, 1/2016
- Painted Heraldic banners for carillion camp, 7/2016 & 6/2018
- Digitally recreation of the royal's of the known world personal arms for the Royal Gifts for State Dinner, July 2018
- Upholstering Middle Eastern Benches for State Dinner, Pennsic 2018
- Sewing Royal Gifts for State Dinner, Pennsic 2018
- Class: Middle Eastern Clothing for Pennsic, Barony of Bhakail, 3/2013
- Baron Cosmo's Favor: Order of the Lady of the Fish (Carillion), August 2009
- Baron Cosmo's Favor: Recipient of the Cement Shoe (Carillion), October 2009
- Protégé to Master Phillip the Facetious
- Member of House Erlendsstaðir
- Married to Baron Hrafn Breiðskeggr
- Romani History & Culture
- Seljuk & Ottoman Turkish Clothing & Culture
- Arab Clothing & Culture
- Norse Clothing & Jewelry
- Illumination and Painting
- Sewing & Garb Research
- Jewelry Making
- Belly Dancing
In Case of Court
- Please contact my husband, Baron Hrafn Breiðskeggr, and my peer, Master Phillip the Facetious.
- I would prefer to be surprised.
- Preferred illuminated images/themes include Turkish/Persian/Arab themes, European Grotesques, Skulls, Norse, Elephants, cats and/or nature.
- Please NO Christian Symbolism or Saint's Days.