|This article is a stub. You can help the East Kingdom wiki by expanding it.|
Don't know what information to put? See our Templates Page.
See Template_talk:Populace for full suggested contents.
Lu An-Hua at 2015 EK Novice Tourney
|Award & Office Badges|
|Silver Wheel, 2016 Southern Region War Camp
Weaver to the Crown, 2014 Southern Region War Camp
Sable Bell, Barony of Carillion, 2014 Southern Region War Camp
Award of Arms, 2014 Coronation of Brennan & Caoilfhionn
Lü An-Hua was born and lives during Tang Dynasty (618-907CE) China in the capital city of Chang'an. Her name An-Hua means "peace in China." The Lü surname originated from the ancient State of Lü. Lü Shang (fl. 11th century BC), the founder of the State of Qi, was the first person known to have the surname. Lü is the 22nd surname listed in the Song Dynasty classic text Hundred Family Surnames.
The Tang Dynasty was the Golden Age of Chinese literature and art. During the Tang Dynasty, trade flourished along the Silk Road, with goods flowing to and from China to the West. Chang-an was the largest city in the world at its time with an estimated population reaching 2 million inhabitants. The Tang capital was very cosmopolitan, with people from Persia, Central Asia, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Tibet, India, and many other places living within. Naturally, with this plethora of different ethnicities living in Chang'an, there were also many different practiced religions, such as Buddhism, Nestorian Christianity, Manichaeism, Zoroastrianism, Judaism, and Islam. With all this foreign trade, it was fashionable for Tang Dynasty women to wear clothing from many different cultures.
In the SCA
Lü An-Hua can often be found on the List field, working as Mistress of the List, watering fighters, or passing out homemade (non-period) cookies. She enjoys cooking, inkle and card weaving, trying to sew garb, Chinese knotwork, and more.
Offices & Positions
- Barony of Settmour Swamp, Mistress of the Lists, 6/2015 to 6/2017
- 2016 EK Novice Tourney, Shire of Rusted Woodlands, Artisan's Row Coordinator
- 2016 Yule in July, Shire of Caer Adamant, Mistress of the Lists
- 2016 Southern Region War Camp, Barony of Carillion, Mistress of the Lists
- 2016 Quest for Wit & Wisdom, Barony of Settmour Swamp, Mistress of the Lists
- 2016 Mudthaw, Barony of Settmour Swamp, Mistress of the Lists
- 2016 Schola in the Shire, Shire of Caer Adamant, Kitchen staff
- 2016 Fencing Schola, Barony of Settmour Swamp, Troll
- 2015 100 Minutes War, Shire of Rusted Woodlands, Troll
- 2016 Ghosts, Goblins & Ghouls, Barony of Carillion, Dayboard Cook
- 2015 Fallen Stag Tourney, Shire of Caer Adamant, Mistress of the Lists
- 2015 River Wars, Barony of Iron Bog, Mistress of the Lists
- 2015 Kings & Queens Heavy Weapon Champions, Barony of Iron Bog, Mistress of the Lists
- 2015 Quest for Wit & Wisdom, Barony of Settmour Swamp, Mistress of the Lists
- 2015 Southern Region War camp, Barony of Carillion, Mistress of the Lists
- 2015 12th Night, Barony of Carillion, Feast staff
- 2014 Coronation of Brennan and Caoilfhionn, Feast staff
Projects & Publications
- Name of Project/Publication, Other info, mm/dd/yyyy
- List in Chronological order, oldest to newest