Lady Lisabetta Medaglia
|Resides: The Shire of Mountain Freehold|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Argent, a griffin sejant purpure maintaining a bow proper, all within a bordure azure semy of plates.
|Award & Office Badges|
Hi, I'm Lady Lisabetta Medaglia (pronounced Med-Dahl-Lee-Ah; the G is silent, almost as if you're saying "medallion"). I'm an illuminator for the East Kingdom (which is my passion!), and I also enjoy archery, cooking, pewter crafting, tablet weaving, sampling mead, and learning more A&S things as I go along. I usually like to dress in my device's colours, any combination of blue, purple, or white. Gryphons are my favourite mythical creatures, which is why I wanted one for my device, and my maker's mark for my illuminations is a purple gryphon's head, erased at the neck.
Italian, early 1300s. Not much else other than that.
Lady Lisabetta's Maker's Mark can be found somewhere among her illuminations. It features a purple gryphon head effacer, facing right.
- AoA - Mimir's Well 2008
- A&S Competition winner - Panteria 2008
- Scribal/Illumination category winner - Northern Lights 2010
- Order of the Maunche - Market Day at Birka 2015
- Queen's Honour of Distinction - Market Day at Birka 2015
- Shire of Mountain Freehold A&S Populous Choice - Mimir's Well 2017
- Shire of Mountain Freehold A&S Champion - Birthday Bash 2017
Offices & Positions
- MoAS for Shire of Mountain Freehold 2011-2017
- Name of Position, Name of Event, mm/dd/yyyy
- List in Chronological order, oldest to newest
- Mimir's Well 2007-2008, cook
In Case of Court
- Please contact my husband, Erasmus of Mountain Freehold. If you cannot get a hold of him, you can contact Marieke van de Dal, who can then get you in contact with my husband.
- I enjoy being pleasantly surprised, so please do not spoil any surprises!
In service to other illuminators and scribes, here are a list of things in which I may suggest, if you should include them on any future scrolls:
- Favourite colours: Purple, blue, white (my heraldic colours). I also like springtime colours - pastels of the following: pink, blue, yellow, green, purple; Least favourite colours: Brown, red, orange, neutral colours/autumn colours.
- Favourite creatures: Gryphons. Especially my purple gryphon! I also love my dog, Bella. If you need photos of her for reference, please contact my husband Erasmus (as listed above).
- Style of illumination: I adore anything that is western European 1200-1400. Examples of these can be found in: Luttrell Psalter, Macclesfield Psalter, Gorleston Psalter, Alphonso Psalter, Taymouth Hours, etc. I especially love beasties, hybrids, and other such creatures in illuminations, and even enjoy making them in my own illuminations.
- Language: English preferred, but would be fine with Italian and/or Latin (providing there is a translation included).
In Case of Peerage
- I prefer a writ, so that I might contact my family/non-SCAdian friends, to see if they could attend the Elevation event.
- For vigil treats, I have a bit of a sweet tooth - if it's not too out of the way, I would love some Italian desserts: Tiramisu is my favourite! Cannoli, pizzelle (no fennel, please!), Napoleons, cupcakes (nothing with nuts; favourite flavours are chocolate, mint, coffee, red velvet), with water and coffee (milk, Coffee Mate Hazelnut creamer, sugar), and fruity teas for drinks.
- For a vigil book, if it's possible, I would love for it to be a girdle book, so that I may carry it with me in my belt.
- I would love for my scroll to have at least one gryphon on it. The world needs more gryphons! For style of Illumination/Calligraphy, I love the bar-and-vine style (check "In service to other Illuminators/scribes" above for my favourite manuscript types) with matching calligraphy hand.
- For regalia, I'd be happy with a cloak or a sideless surcote (as surcotes are what I usually wear for garb), and would like to request if they could be in my heraldic colours (purple, blue, and white).
List of Illuminations For Scrolls/Projects
This is a list of illuminations I've done within the years of being an illuminator. Calligraphy is done by their respective calligraphers, unless stated it was done by me. These are only a few selections - more can be seen on my Facebook Gallery, as they are made Public, for all to see and enjoy!
- Odds n' Ends, which also include some of my very first works.
- The Baron's Scroll
- Master Dafydd's Order of the Pelican Scroll
- Mistress Siuhban's Order of the Pelican Scroll
- Lord Severin and Lady Grace's Replacement AoA Scrolls
- Lady Katharine Sough's Order of the Silver Crescent Scroll
- Lord Emrys' AoA Scroll - calligraphy by me
- Duchess Marieke's 30 Year Scroll - calligraphy by me
- Court Baroness Bianca di Firenza
- Illuminated C Study
- Lady Maerhild's Order of the Maunche Scroll
- https://www.facebook.com/lisamedaglia/media_set?set=a.10156487499149872&type=3 Lady Genevieve's Backlog AoA Scroll - aka "The Gryphon Scroll"]
- Lord David's Order of the Silver Wheel Black Scroll
- Lady Leokadia's AoA Scroll
- Lord Leo's Order of the Silver Rapier Scroll