Lillia de Vaux
Photo by Ron Lutz, Jr. (used with permission)
|Resides: Shire of Hartshorn-dale|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Argent semy of crampets, a bend azure.
|Award & Office Badges|
| File:E maunche.gif |
Lady Lillia de Vaux (sometimes known as Ermine de Vaux) is a dabbler in many activities: heraldry, embroidery and the fiber arts, botanical history, brewing, and rapier combat. At the moment, she is trying to learn how to spin and knit.
She is a cadet to Baron Ian Raven of Tadcaster and a member of the Tadcaster Militia. She was a Provost in the now-defunct East Kingdom League of Rapier Academies. Currently, she is the rapier marshal for the Shire of Hartshorn-dale.
She has served as a local chatelaine and pursuivant, as well as kingdom submissions herald (Eastern Crown Herald) and the deputy to that position (Diademe Herald). She is also a staff member for Wreath and Pelican Sovereigns of Arms, is a proofreader for the Laurel Office's Letters of Acceptances and Returns, and has served as deputy in charge of Pennsic Heralds Point.
Lillia is a member of the Sisterhood of St. Walburga and the Academy of Saint Gabriel.
Lillia de Vaux is the daughter of a mason employed at the cathedral in Beauvais, Picardie. She and her family survived the town’s 1346 siege by the English, but nothing more is known of her after she entered the Sisterhood of Saint Walburga a few years later. She is somewhat literate and a student of both the gentle and martial arts. (Don’t tell her father about that last part!)
Offices & Positions
- Chatelaine, Shire of Hartshorn-dale, ?? to 10/2005
- Attire Pursuivant, Shire of Hartshorn-dale, 11/2006 to 11/2010
- Rapier Marshal, Shire of Hartshorn-dale, ??-11/2009, 01/2011 to present
- Eastern Crown Herald, East Kingdom, 12/2009 to 04/2012
- Diademe Herald, East Kingdom, 04/2012 to present
- Participant at multiple demos over the years (e.g., Green Lane Scottish & Irish Festival, 2002-2010) and overall demo coordinator for the "Castles and Monsters" library reading program demos in Hartshorn-dale (summer 2005)
- Event Steward, Autumn Schola (11/2002)
- Registration Clerk/Gate Clerk for Alles Faire (multiple years)
- Merchant Coordinator for East Kingdom Twelfth Night (01/2003)
- Kitchen staff at various events (e.g., Games & Galliards, Alles Faire, 2011 Spring Crown Tourney, 2012 Love & War)
- Heraldic Consultation Table Coordinator for Noisemakers Schola and Nova Schola (2007-2010)
- Deputy of Herald's Point (Pennsic 2011 and 2012)
Projects & Publications
- Waterbearing at Pennsic (class, Pennsic, 2002?)
- Effective Demos (class, Nova Schola, 2007 and EKU: Fighter's Collegium, 2008)
- Intro to Rapier Combat/Rapier Roundtable Discussion (class, Nova Schola, 2007)
- MiT Training: Weapon and Armor Inspections (class, KWAR, 2009)
- Heraldry: Common Reasons for Return (class, Nova Schola, 2010)
- There and Back Again: A Submission's Tale (class, Noisemaker's Schola, KWHSS and Pennsic, 2011)
- A Preliminary Survey of Names from the Historical Dictionary of Personal Names in Białystok (article, KWHSS Proceedings, 2011)
- Introduction to the Standards of Evaluation (class, Pennsic, 2012)
- Intermediate Heraldic Research (class, River Wars, 2012)
Links to some of the above publications: