Lilie Dubh inghean uí Mórdha
Lilie Dubh at the EK Bardic Champions event, AS LI
Azure, six owls and a chief argent.
|Award & Office Badges|
Lilie Dubh started in the SCA in 1994, thanks to a chance meeting on an old BBS. Initially interested in the bardic arts, she got sidelined by service, becoming her local group's chronicler (1995-1997) and then taking up a deputy chatelaine position (1997-1998), and finally becoming her group's chatelaine (1998-2012) and a deputy for the kingdom's southern region (2009-2012). Now coming back to the bardic arts, she is the current Chatelaine for the EK College of Performers and a performer of stories and poems. She has also recently discovered heraldic research, and is eagerly diving into that.
Lilie Dubh is an Irishwoman from near Armagh who went on pilgrimage to atone for the death of her husband (and to get to travel!). She was able to go to St. Bridgid's Well, Croagh Patrick, Canterbury, Santiago de Compostella and Jerusalem before turning to go back to Europe. She ran out of money in Cologne, and met a kind gentleman who became her second husband. Together, they now run an inn for students at the new University. She can be found of an evening, regaling students around the hearth, with stories of her pilgrimages.
Offices & Positions
- Chatelaine for Ostgardr - 1998 - 2012
- Kingdom Chatelaine Southern Region Deputy - 2009-2012
- Pantheon Herald - 2017-
- Co-Autocrat, Agincourt Memorial Tournament, 1998
- Autocrat, Agincourt Memorial Tournament, 2003
- Autocrat, Agincourt Memorial Tournament, 2005
Projects & Publications
- Name of Project/Publication, Other info, mm/dd/yyyy
- List in Chronological order, oldest to newest