Lilie Dubh inghean uí Mórdha
Lilie Dubh inghean uí Mórdha, a fine 14th century lady.
Azure, six owls and a chief argent.
|Award & Office Badges|
Lilie Dubh started in the SCA in 1994, thanks to a chance meeting on an old BBS. Initially interested in the bardic arts, she got sidelined by service, becoming her local group's chronicler (1995-1997) and then taking up a deputy chatelaine position (1997-1998), and finally becoming her group's chatelaine (1998-2012) and a deputy for the kingdom's southern region (2009-2012). Now coming back to the bardic arts, she is a member of the EK College of Performers and a performer of stories and poems.
She has also discovered onomastic research, and is eagerly diving into that. Recently she became the apprentige/protice of Mistress Alys Mackyntoich and is currently the East Kingdom's Pantheon Herald in the submissions office under Blue Tyger.
Lilie Dubh is an Irishwoman from near Armagh who went on pilgrimage to atone for the death of her husband (and to get to travel!). She was able to go to St. Bridgid's Well, Croagh Patrick, Canterbury, Santiago de Compostella and Jerusalem before turning to go back to Europe. She ran out of money in Cologne, and met a kind gentleman who became her second husband. Together, they now run an inn for students at the new University. She can be found of an evening, regaling students around the hearth, with stories of her pilgrimages.
Offices & Positions
- Chronicler, Canton of Whyt Whey - 1997-1998
- Chatelaine for Ostgardr - 1998 - 2012
- Kingdom Chatelaine Southern Region Deputy - 2009-2012
- A&S and Bardic Champion of Ostgardr - 2011-2013
- Pantheon Herald - 2017-
- Gatekeeper, Whyt Whey Schola, 1996
- Gatekeeper, Celtic Silliness, 1997
- Co-Autocrat, Agincourt Memorial Tournament, 1998
- Autocrat, Agincourt Memorial Tournament, 2003
- Autocrat, Agincourt Memorial Tournament, 2005
- Gatekeeper, Barleycorn: A New Beginning, 2006
- Artistic Director, Day of the Decameron, 2019