Lijsbet van Catwiic
See Template_talk:Populace for full suggested contents.
|Resides: Canton of Basingestoches|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Per chevron inverted urdy purpure and argent semy of escallops purpure, in chief a sea-dragon naiant Or
A mortar and pestle sable charged with an elderflower argent seeded and barbed Or
|Award & Office Badges|
Vrouwe Lijsbet van Catwiic (pronounced Layze-bet) has been a member of the SCA since 2013. Her first event was the Barony of Endewearde's Demo at Fort Knox. She is an authorized fencer and also enjoys archery, period cooking and brewing, and historical garb construction. She is married to Lord Thomas de Marr'
Late 14th century Dutch, coastal Holland.
- Won the A&S Largess Challenge at First Endewearde Baronial Rapier Championship 06/14/15
- Award of Arms - Given at Market Day at Birka 01/30/16
- Won Mid-period category in the Market Day at Birka Fashion Show 01/30/16
- Inducted into the Order of the Beacon of Endewearde (A&S) at Tourney of Love 02/13/16
- Inducted into the East Kingdom's Order of the Silver Brooch at Crown Tournament 11/05/16
- Order of the Portable Feast at Crown Tournament 11/03/18
- Inducted into the Order of the Maunche at Endewearde's Second Baronial Investiture 09/21/19
- Won the Mead category of the Brewer's Roundtable at The Endewearde Hunt 10/13/19
- Won the "Bacon that has been flavored after purchase" category of the Smokehause Bacon Tasting at The Endewearde Hunt 10/13/19
Offices & Positions
- Herald, Canton of Basingestoches in the Barony of Endewearde, 05/17/2014 to current
- Feast Coordinator, Feast of St Sylvester, 12/31/2014
- Feast Coordinator, Feast of St Sylvester, 01/02/2016
- Feast Coordinator, Feast of St Sylvester, 01/07/2017
- Dayboard Coordinator, Crown Tournament 11/03/2018
- Feast Coordinator, Feast of St Sylvester, 01/12/2018
- Course Coordinator, second feast course, Endewearde Baronial Investiture, 09/21/2019
Projects & Publications
Diverse and Sundry Personal Arts & Sciences blog
Apprenticed to Meisterin Agatha Wanderer at Great Northeastern War, July 2018
- Paragon Keep
Interests include period foods and feasts, sugarwork, brewing, Roman oil lanterns, Roman clothing, Iron Age Netherlands clothing, 14th century clothing, early 15th century clothing, period garb construction/sewing, illumination, heraldry, and herbalism.
The Maastricht Hours - Early 14th century Netherlands; Book of Hours of Simon de Varie. Part 2 - 1455, Netherlands; Bible of Borso d’Este - Mid 14th century Italy; Book of Hours of Joanna the Mad - Late 15th century Ghent-Bruges; Mira calligraphiae monumenta - Late 16th century Flemish; Les Grandes Heures d'Anne de Bretagne - Turn of the 16th century France