Kit de Coldwood
- Photo by Brenden Crane
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Per bend sinister azure and argent a tree countercharged blasted and eradicated In dexter chief, a mullet of four points, argent, bordured embattled, countercharged
|Award & Office Badges|
Aciterix Caldius Julius Cittinius, more commonly known as "Kit" has been a member of the Society since May 2011. She currently resides in Coldwood with her husband and son.
Photo on left by Brien MacShane, photo on right by Vlad Iliescu.
Currently Kit is portraying Aciterix Caldius Julius Cittinius, a legionnaire and Centurion/Evocati of the 12th Legion in ~50BC.
Originally from Gaul and a member of the Menapii tribe, Aciterix was introduced to Romans through the trade their family conducted with them although the tribe itself was openly hostile to Caesar the Romans. Eventually in 54 BC, they drove the Menapii to resort to hit and run tactics. Aciterix's family continued to trade, however, which allowed them to learn basic latin.
In 52 BC the battle of Alesia demonstrated just how militarily superior the Romans were. As a result of seeing the repercussions of that conflict, in 51BC a young Aciterix, facing less than stellar life prospects at home, made the decision to enlist and throw in with Rome for the promise of land and citizenship. They are assigned the Roman name Caldius Julius Cittinius and sent to the XII Legion, which would keep them in Gaul fighting their own for the first several years of their enlistment.
Later years would see the eventual Centurion was sent south to participate in the civil was with Pompeo and the conflicts following Julius Caesars death as well as the continued efforts in Gaul to colonize.
The last years of their service spent in Egypt, and pursuant of citizenship, this up-jumped hick became a lifelong member of Rome’s armies.
Ultimately, Kit hopes to develop three complete personas, all from the same area of Modern France. Kathrine du Pré of Coldwood is her Norman 1000’s incarnation, and the 14th century has yet to be developed due to time, the expense of the armor, and the overwhelming glory that Rome has to offer.
Awards & Honors
- Award of Arms, Darius and EthelDreda 2015.
- Silver Tyger, Kenric, 2016.
- Queen's Cypher, Honig, 2017
- OTC, 2019.
- Silver Brooch, 2021.
- Maunche, 2021.
Offices & Positions
- Knight Marshall, Coldwood, 2015-2020
- Deputy Exchequer, Coldwood, current
- Captain of Queen's Guard for Honig, 2017
- Executive Officer, Unbelts 2018
- Unbelted Champions, 2016 - 2019
- Second in command, 3rd Division, Northern Army, 2014-present
- Regional Commander, Unbelts, 2019.
- Executive Officer, Unbelts, 2020.
- Drinker of Gin (lightweight)
Projects & Interests
Album includes extensive photos with research references in some instances, far more in depth than can be included here.
- Interested in period poetry, military history, including supply and rations, military tactics. Has made Roman hard tack and is currently working on assembling a full Roman military pack.
- Generally disposed toward the application of percussive problem-solving methods.
- Runs gate at Coldwood events
In Case of Court
- Please contact Sir Brien MacShane.
- Kit prefers surprises. Never tell her anything in advance.