Photo by Marguerite Ingen Lachlainn
Gules, on a bend sinister between two crosses fourchy, between the tines of each fork a roundel, argent three glazier's nails palewise sable.
(Fieldless) A bear rampant per bend sinister gules and argent.
|Award & Office Badges|
Varju was introduced to the SCA in the Winter of 1999, making her first appearance at Birka. She knocked around the society for many years being useful and washing a lot of dishes.
Then Edward won Crown, (the first time,) and her involvement increased for a time. She can still be found around usually trying to figure out if the chairs need to be put away.
Katarzyna Gwozdz, called Varju, was born in the year 1566 in the area of Mielec in south Poland. Her family is devout Roman Catholic; while she is observant, her poor mother despairs that Varju will never make a fit wife, being rather headstrong. Her father humors her whims - as a result she is not yet betrothed. She's very much influenced by the flourishing industry of the area, and has many diverse interests. These include but are not limited to agriculture, metal, glass, and wood working.
She served the Court at the pleasure of Edward and Marguerite. Along the she way met many wonderful and talented people from all over the East Kingdom. It was under this reign that she took up arms, and participated in the lists until 2015. She continued her service at the whim of Edward II and Thrya.
- Household Affiliations: WOTOG, Pembridge Manor, Clan O'Choda
Offices & Positions
- Jongleur Herald of the East (Maintainer of the Crown List Trees) Spring of 2010 through Spring 2014
In Case of Court
- Please contact Master Angus Pembridge, Mistress Aneleda Falconbridge, and/or Mistress Marion del Okes
- Good surprises are ok.
- Please summon or use a writ where appropriate.
- William Blackfox Award Nomination, Pikestaff Cover Art August 2010
- Pikestaff Cover Art December 2011
- Queen's Guard to Queen Thyra Eiriksdottir