Kamejima Matasaburou Takauji
Kamejima Matasaburou Takauji-dono
Vert, three lathes fretted in triangle within an annulet argent.
|Award & Office Badges|
Kamejima Takauji was born a third son of a third son in 1523. The first years of his life were spent growing up in a small fishing village on Fukuejima in the East China Sea, part of the Gotō 'Five Island Archipelago', off the West Coast of Kyushu.
Before reaching the age of 10, 'Taka' was adopted into the service of a powerful family. Through that family's connections and knowledge, 'Taka' learned the ways of the Samurai. His training consisted of a balance between Kenjutsu (Katana), Kyūjutsu (Yumi), & Tetsubōjutsu (Tetsubō). Outside of martial activities 'Taka' has used the art of crafting Bonsai to focus his mind and to feel connected to his home on Fukuejima.
In 1541, at the age of 18, under the order of his Daimyo, 'Taka' joined the crew of one of the ships under the command of the Chinese Trader, Wang Zhi
Currently living as a Japanese Wakō in 1550.
- Rapier Fighting (Primarily with Katana)
- Kyūjutsu (Japanese Archery)
- Thrown Weapons
- Rattan Fighting (Primarily with Tetsubo)
Arts & Science:
SCA Offices & Positions
- Seneschal of The Shire of Barren Sands (Jan '17 - Present) & Acting Chatelaine.
- East Kingdom Southern Region Archery Marshal, A.S. L
- East Kingdom Southern Region Fencing Marshal, A.S. LIII
Honors / Awards / Recognitions / Affiliations
- Award of the Fiskur, Service Token from Their Excellencies of Dragonship Haven, Balfar's Challenge; April A.S LII
- Order of the Silver Rapier (OSR), Bhakail Investiture; June A.S. LII
- Awards of Arms, Kingdom A&S Championship; February A.S. L
- Protégé of Master Erhart von Stuttgart (OP), Spring Crown Tournament; November A.S. LII
- Cadet of Captain Berrick Grayveson (OGR), Kings & Queens Rapier Tournament; November A.S. LII
- Archery Student of Master Godai Katsunaga (OL)
- Rapier Champion for the Barony of Iron Bog, Maybe Event: May A.S. LI - May A.S. LII
- Member of the Tadcaster Militia, Sept '16
- Novice Category Winner, St. Sebastian Archery Shoot, Pennsic XLIII
- Kitchen Dish Washer, Bhakail Tavern; A.S. LII
- Fencing Marshal (MIT), Shire Wars; October A.S. LII
- Kitchen Dish Washer, Shire Wars; October A.S. LII
- Demo Organizer Wheaton Arts Fantasy Faire; June A.S. LI, LII, & LIII
- Fencing Marshal (MIT), Southern Region War Camp; June A.S. LII, & LIII
- Throne Set Up, Bhakail Investiture; June A.S. LII
- Demo Organizer at Egg Harbor Township Library; May A.S. LII
- Set-Up & Clean-Up, Maybe Event, Iron Bog; May A.S. LII
- Co-Autocrat K&Q A&S, Shire of Barren Sands; February A.S. L
- Fencing Marshal (MIT), War of The Roses, 5/2016; 5/2018
- Fencing Marshal (MIT), Balfar's Challenge, 4/2016; 4/2018
- St. Sebastian Archery Shoot Marshal, Pennsic 2014; 2015; 2016
- Archery Marshal, Pennsic 2015; 2016
- Children's Fete Volunteer, Pennsic 2015
- Kitchen Staff, Maybe (I'll Try Something New), Iron Bog, 5/2014
- Pennsic Camp Land Agent; Pennsic 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2017, & 2018
- I Pick Things Up. I Move Things To Places. I Put Things Down.
The Name: Kamejima Matasaburou Takauji
- Kamejima: Translates to Turtle Island. Pronounced as Kah-May-she-Mah.
- Matasaburou: Translates to Third Son of a Third Son, an order of birth. Pronounced as Mah-Tah-Sah-Boar-Roo
- Takauji: Translates to Tall/High Clan. Pronounced as Tah-Kah-OO-Gee
- -Dono: Title (Lord). Pronounced as Doe-Noe. In use the mode of address would be 'Takauji-dono'
Regardless I will always respond to 'Taka', but in the case of matters of Court I prefer to be called in as 'Kamejima Takauji'.