Joshua the Cheesemaker
1590's Doublet, hand woven trim
|Resides: Barony Beyond the Mountain|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Argent, 6 Pomegranates 3,2 &1 Gules, Slipped and Leaved Vert
|Award & Office Badges|
| Orden Des Lindquistringes (Drachenwald Service)|
Joshua the Cheesemaker AKA Yehoshua Ben Haim Hi Levi (יהושע בן חיים חלֵוִי) AoA, Orden Des Lindquistringes (Drachenwald Service award), Silver Brooch.
Back in like 1994 I was working at an ISP and able to host websites for free. As no one else had done it yet I registered the domain name eastkingdom.org and created an initial web page. It was first announced at a Carolingian great council meeting by writing the URL on the chalkboard of an MIT classroom.
In the Summer of 2003, I moved to Jerusalem Israel. A few days after I got there an email was forwarded to me asking about the idea of founding an SCA group there. We founded the Shire of Ma'ale Giborim (מַעֲלֵה גיבורים) which ran for about 5 years before going inactive.
I am a 16th-century dutch Jew and resident of Amsterdam. I sew, make cheese and do inkle weaving.
Offices & Positions
- Founding Seneschal Shire of Ma'ale Giborim (Israel), September 2003 to some time around 2006
- Drachenwald Interm Webmaster
- First (very unofficial) Eastkingdom webmaster
Ran one event in Carolingia a very long time ago, and was an autocrat or staff of pretty much every event that happened in Ma'ale Giborim.
In Case of Court
In case of awards would request that they be given in a court not held in the sanctuary of a Church or similar space. Outdoors is fine as well as a non-sanctuary space in a Church or other building (school etc).
I am ok with surprises, but generally don't go to court, so some notice would be helpful.
I will probably be at these events
- Coronation of Brennan and Caoifhionn (Quintavia)
- Balfar's Challenge (Dragonship Haven)
- Tournament of Roses (Quintavia)
- Consort's & Sovereign's Archery Championships (BBM)
- Panteria XXVI (Pather Vale)
- War of the Pearls II (Bridge)
- Great Northeastern War (Malagentia)
- Pennsic 50
- Carolingia 50 Year (Carolingia)
Events in Italic are ones I am not sure of attending