Jibril ibn 'Ammar al-Fayyad
|Resides: Barony of Bhakail|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Argent, a decrescent sable between two Mamluk swords in scabbards fesswise, hilts to center, and a chalice gules
|Award & Office Badges|
Jibril ibn `Ammar al-Fayyad is firmly established in good works.
He is the defender at the gates, the cupbearer,
the supporter, the adminstrator, the organizer.
With his bow, he scatters his good deeds all around, not caring
Whether they fall on those near or far away,
Just as the rain never cares where the clouds pour it out.
Jibril is a 10th century Andalusian Moor known for his archery skills in combat and for his cooking.
His alternate persona is Veritus Slacke, a 16th century English gentleman.
In addition to his Arms, he is also known by his badges (Fieldless) A crescent-shaped arrowhead sable and (Fieldless) On a broadarrow argent a decrescent sable.
Awards & Accomplishments
- Award of Arms - Bhakail Yule, 2008 (Darius IV & Alethea)
- Salamander - Pennsic XXXIX, 2010 (Darmon & Sabine)
- Silver Crescent - Bhakail Baronial Investiture, 2013 (Gregor IV & Kiena II)
- Flame of Bhakail - Bhakail Commons, 2013 (Mael Eoin & Ysmay)
- Artemis - River Wars, 2014 (Brennan & Caiolfhionn)
- Baron of the Court of Ivan & Mathilde - K&Q Bardic and A&S Championship, 2018
Al-Sheik Jibril became the East Kingdom Combat Archery Marshal on Feb. 2, 2015, having previously served as the Southern Region Lieutenant. He is also the Captain of Combat Archers for the Barony of Bhakail, and was Captain of the Guard during the tenure of Darmon and Sabine. He also served at various times as chamberlain, knight marshal, and deputy seneschal for the Barony of Bhakail.
- Combat Archery Marshal-in-Charge - Pennsic 46 (2017)
- Combat Archery Deputy Marshal-in-Charge - Pennsic 44 (2015), Pennsic 45 (2016), Pennsic 47 (2018)
Jibril specializes in Middle Eastern cooking, and has worked in the kitchen at a number of events, including the following:
- Cook for 2011 Spring Crown Tournament (Dayboard Coordinator: John Marshall atte Ford), Shire of Hartshorn-dale
- Head cook for 2014 K&Q Rapier Champions, Canton of Black Icorndall
- Head cook for 2016 Court of Love and Baronial Bardic Champions, Canton of Black Icorndall