|Award & Office Badges|
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Motto
- 3 Pronouns
- 4 Persona
- 5 Projects & Publications
- 6 Recent Competitions
- 7 Classes Available to Teach
- 8 In Case of Court
- 9 More Information
Jibril al-Ghazal is a male courtesan who likes to paint naughty Persian miniatures. Jibril is a founding member of the House of the Lotus, a 16th century Safavid Persian house of courtesans based in Isfahan at the beginning of the reign of Shah Abbas I. In addition to visual and scribal arts, Jibril is interested in herbology, culinary arts, and Persian costuming.
Jibril joined the SCA in 2014, when they were living in the Barony of Starkhafn in the Kingdom of Caid. They recently moved to the East Kingdom, and expect the move to be permanent. They are in a relationship with Sayyida Laila al-Sanna' al-Andalusiyya and The Honorable Lady Ajir Tsagaan.
On December 1, 2018, Jibril was made a companion of the Order of the Silver Wheel.
Jibril is a trans man, and prefers gender-neutral pronouns (they/them).
"Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you."
- Jalāl al-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī
Projects & Publications
- Winner, Instrumental Music, Ffesty Pen Eisteddfod, Barony of Settmour Swamp, 11/3/18
Classes Available to Teach
The Renaissance Art Foundations Workshops
w/ THL Ajir Tsagaan & Sayyida Laila al-Sanna' al-Andalusiyya
- Color Theory & Gouache Technique for Scribes
- Drawing and Composition
- Still Life Drawing
- Nude Figure Drawing
- Clothes Figure Drawing
- 1-Point Perspective
- 2-Point Perspective
- 3-Point Perspective
In Case of Court
Jibril would prefer to be given warning if they are to be called up in court. They suffer from anxiety, and are alarmed if put on the spot without notice.
Arts & Sciences
- Pre-1600 Bawdy Art
- Persian Miniatures
- Persian cuisine
- Andalucian cuisine
- Middle Eastern cuisine
- Dumplings from anywhere in the world
- Hand pies from anywhere in the world
- Safavid Persian Costuming
- LGBTQ people in period
- 16th century Safavid Persia
- The role of courtesans in the arts
- Eunuchs and slaves in the Safavid Empire
- Botony and herbology in period
Guild Memberships and Affiliations
- The Velvet Mask (Company of the Sable Domino)
- Knowne World Courtesans Guild
- Clan Blue Feather