Jan Janowicz Bogdanski
Pan Jan Janowicz Bogdanski, rycerz i mistrz
Per chevron azure and Or, in pale a cross hummety and a falcon displayed wings inverted counterchanged
|Award & Office Badges|
Jan joined the SCA in the Shire of Anglespur during the time of Hasdrubal and Kunegunda where he enjoyed fighting, dancing, games, and cooking. From there moved to the Shire of Iron Bog, enjoying many of the same pursuits, as well as being heavily involved in running and participating in demos. After a brief stop-off in the Barony of Carillion has settled in the Barony of Settmour Swamp where he serves the barony to the best of his abilities.
Jan's main interests are fighting, woodworking, calligraphy and illumination, Italo-Byzantine panel painting, heraldry, cooking, brewing, and various forms of embroidery. He has also renewed his interest in games.
Jan has worked for the Signet Office since the days of Randal and Marieke and has produced something around 200 documents since that time.
Born in the year of our Lord one thousand two hundred and twenty-four, Jan is a minor noble in Silesia attached to the court at Wrocław of Ksaize Henryk, being the fourth of that name. As a young man he went on Crusade, with Louis King of the Franks, but instead of journeying to fight in the Holy Land, he nearly died in the lands of the Egyptian Sultan. After his ransom and return there were invasions to repel and he was given lands by Ksaize Henryk III Biały for his service during the Tatar incursions. It is in these lands of the Duchy of Silesia that he built his manor, near the Cistercian Abbey at Henryków.
Quod Debeo (Because I Should)
- Jan was squired to Sir Torin Ertheshert, OL, who was elevated by Finn and Elzasif, 5th Crown Ansteorra
- Torin was squired to Sir Karl der Gaenger, OP, who was elevated by Jonathan and Willow, 18th Crown of Atenveldt
- Karl was squired to Duke Lloyd von Eaker, OP, who was elevated by Deaton and Care-Cheri, 14th Crown of Atenveldt
Offices & Positions
- Shire of Anglespur - Minister of Sciences
- Shire of Iron Bog - Cattail Pursuivant and Chatelaine
- Queen's Guard - Elaina of Oaklawn
- Currently a pursuivant-at-large.
- King's Order of Excellence - Brennan III
- Shield of Chivalry - Marguerite
- Company of the Pennon of the East - Brennan II and Caiolfhionn II
- Queen's Honour of Distinction - Jana IV
- Queen's Honour of Distinction - Brenwen II
- Blue Tyger Legion - Timothy II and Gabrielle II
Family and Associations
- Mistress Isabeau d'Orleans
- My parents Pan Jan Starszy and Pani Elżbieta Piekarska
- My former squire Sir Arne Ulrichson
- Winter Storm a.s. XVII (Anglespur) - staff
- Winter Storm a.s. XVIII (Anglespur) - head cook
- Winter Storm a.s. XIX (Anglespur) - head cook
- Winter Storm a.s. XX (Anglespur) - staff
- King's Birthday a.s. XXI (Iron Bog) - staff
- King's Birthday a.s. XXII (Iron Bog) - head cook
- King's Birthday a.s. XXIII (Iron Bog) - head cook
- Magnus and Farasha's Wedding a.s. XXV - head cook
- Michaelmas I a.s. XXVII (Buckland Cross) - staff
- Michaelmas II a.s. XXVIII (Buckland Cross) - staff
- Michaelmas III a.s. XXIX (Buckland Cross) - staff
- Michaelmas IV a.s. XXX (Buckland Cross) - staff
- Michaelmas V a.s. XXXI (Buckland Cross) - staff
- Michaelmas VI a.s. XXXII (Buckland Cross) - staff
- Michaelmas VII a.s XXXIII (Buckland Cross) - staff
- King's & Queen's Rapier Champions a.s. ??? (Settmour Swamp) - staff
- Coronation of Gregor & Kiena a.s XLVII (Settmour Swamp) - staff
- Ffesty Pen a.s. LIII (Settmour Swamp) - staff
Journeyman in the Keepers of Athena's Thimble
In Case of Court
Speak to my Lady-wife Rosamund von Schwyz.