Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
Ivan, looking pensive
Vert, a bee proper winged between three octofoils Or.
|Award & Office Badges|
Grasses and trees rustle gently on a breezy August afternoon. Sunlight glimmers off the river flowing through this scene. As the river approaches a populated area, farms begin to appear on either shore. The workmen in the fields stop in their labors to watch as a ship passes, its sails creaking in the wind. The Bright Dawn has returned from its voyage abroad. The year is 1050.
The owner and captain of the ship smiles at another successful journey. From humble beginnings as the son of a shipbuilder in the city of Ryazan', he had enlisted as a sailor for a Rus' trading firm, and had learned the rivers and trade routes from the Baltic to Byzantium. With some luck and hard work, he rose in the ranks and became owner of the firm. He now lived in Kiev, where he had a modest estate and influential customers. His name, however, still honored his father and his city of birth: Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky.
Ivan lived for many years in the Kingdom of Northshield (and before that, the Principality of Northshield, in the Kingdom of the Middle). Starting in 2014 he lived in Atlantia, and moved to the East in 2018. He now lives in the Canton of the Towers, part of the Barony of Carolingia (Boston, MA).
Ivan was humbled to be admitted to the Order of the Laurel in 2010 by King Siegfried III and Queen Elizabeth I of Northshield. He was laureled in embroidery, but was also recognized for his skills in "divers arts". His interests include goldwork, lampworking, leather work, research, Russian history, Russian ecclesiastical history and iconography.
Some of the classes he has taught over the years include:
- Bayeux Tapestry Stitch
- Creating an Online Presence in the SCA
- Introduction to Embroidery
- Introduction to Icons
- Online Research for the SCA
- An Overview of Goldwork Embroidery
ih-VAHN mat-FEY-itch rih-ZAHN-skee
Иван Матфеевич Резанский
Modern Secret Identity
John Beebe, Merrimac, MA
Offices & Positions
- Kingdom Social Media Officer, Kingdom of the East, Nov 2019-(current)
- Seneschal, Canton of the Towers, Kingdom of the East, Mar 2019-(current)
- Seneschal, Barony of Jararvellir, Kingdom of Northshield, 2008-2011
- Exchequer, Warriors and Warlords, Kingdom of Northshield, 2005-2006
- MOAS, Barony of Jararvellir, Kingdom of the Middle, 1995
- Security, teaching and gate support at numerous events
In Case Of Court
Contact my wife, Lady Cwenthryth wine.
- Lady Cwenthryth wine - my wife
- Caitrìona O’Siodhachain (aka Kathryn of Center Downe, modernly known as Kathryn Cranford) - apprentice