Isabel del Okes
Isabel del Okes
|Resides: Barony of Carolingia|
|Awards: Order of Precedence|
Vert, two compass stars and an oak leaf Or
|Award & Office Badges|
I like to make things! My main historical focus is book binding but I also like to make jewelry (mostly wire working and chain maille), noodle around with a little illumination, embroider a thing or two, and write poetry (I like the troubadours but I write all kinds of poetry). I am also a fencer and a member of the Handsome Boys.
My pronouns are she/her.
A Norman from around 1100.
- The Handsome Boys
- Clan Kerr
- Woodhaven Manor
- Apprentice member of the Keepers of Athena's Thimble. Has reached Competence level in Free Embroidery, Counted Thread, and Openwork.
- Warden of the Worshipful Company of Stationers
Offices & Positions
- Retainer for Kenric III and Avelina III
- The Handsome Boys House Champion (2017-2018)
- Retainer for Brennan III and Caoilfhionn III
- Queen's Guard for Queen Margarita
- Largesse Coordinator for Ryouko'jin and Indrakshi
- Queen's Guard for Ryouko'jin and Indrakshi
- Retainer for Mohammad and Corotica
- Deputy Head Retainer for the Central Region for Brennan IV and Caoilfhionn IV
- Blue Tyger Legion as a member of the Handsome Boys - Kenric III and Avelina III
- Award of Arms - Ivan and Matilde
- Silver Brooch - Brennan III and Caoilfhionn III
- Consort's Award of Esteem - Vienna
- Silver Rapier - Queen Margarita
- Order of the Sable Bear (Bergental martial award) - Johannes filius Nicholai
- Maunche - Tindal and Alberic
- Consort's Award of Esteem - Indrakshi
- Consort's Award of Esteem - Caoilfhionn IV
- Barony Beyond the Mountain/Bergental Yule 2018 - Fencing co-MIC
- King's and Queen's Archery Championships-Summer Solstice Shoot, Barony Beyond the Mountain - Fencing MIC
In Case of Court
- Surprise is fine.
- My husband is not a SCAdian, but is likely to know if I am planning on being at any particular RP (Lance - firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please also contact my friend Baroness Muirenn Ingen Ciric (Jessicamberner@gmail.com), Mistress Fiona O'Maille (email@example.com), and/or Magister Devillin MacPherson (firstname.lastname@example.org). Between the lot of them, they can make sure I make it to court.
- I am happy to receive awards in Ethereal Court but if it is Grant-level award, I would like Muirenn, Fiona, and Devillin (if at all possible) to be informed in advance so they can gather loved ones to participate in the viewing.
- Blog post for the Carolingian Binding I researched and made for a friend's vigil book.
- Blog post for the Girdle Book that I researched and made for the East Kingdom A&A Competition, A.S.LVII (this project was selected as a finalist in the East Kingdom A&S competition and as an alternate for the East Kingdom A&S Team for Pennsic 50)
- Blog post with my Laurel Challenge 2021 poem
- Blog post for my 9th - 10th century Coptic book with papyrus book boards that I made for the Kingdom A&S Competition, A.S. LV (this project was given an Honorable Mention in the East Kingdom A&S competition)
- Blog posts about books I have made:
- Blog post with pictures of chain maille jewelry I have made:
- I took the challenge to make seven identical items of largesse to give to the Crown, then I kept going. This a blog post about the items I made.
- Blog post with a few poems I wrote for Queen Margarita:
- You can find poems that I wrote for (and inspired by) Queen Fortune during her reign as Queen under the Poetry section on Ozurr and Fortune wiki page.